Author Topic: glock 26??  (Read 14580 times)

Tonym

glock 26??
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
I was thinking of getting a glock 26 as my carry gun. Seems small enough but still has a good capacity, no hammer to get hung up and still from a reputable company. But im open to other recomendations. Im probably a few months out from getting my permit anyway so its no rush

Im so used to taking big full size guns out for fun i never thought about buying a compact weapon before

ChrisCar

Re: glock 26??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »
Can't  comment on the Glock.  In anticipation of getting my permit, I recently bought a Sig P320 compact chambered in 9mm.  I love it.  Striker fired.  15 round double stack mags. Reasonable size to conceal.  Easy to find model-specific holsters.

Bought it from Federal Firearms.  Great price and Chris is a pleasure to work with.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
I have  one and absolutely love it.  Very reliable,  accurate,  easy to conceal,  nothing not to like about it.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »
After learning to grip the 1911 for Bullseye with just the middle and ring fingers with pinky loose, I fell in love with the baby Glock the first time that I picked one up.  The short grip and barrel ride comfortably at 4:30.  My nephew has a Glock 23 and a Glock 27. He said he shoots better with the 27.  The 26 recoil is negligible compared to the snap of the .40s.  If you would like to (I don't), you can put extenders on the magazines.  Another vote here for the G26.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:34:26 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

robberbaron

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
I typically carry a Glock 26. It is easily concealed. I find it to be accurate (or as accurate as I am). Rock solid construction and shoots anything I feed it.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »
I do have the pearce grip +0 for my magazines,  a must IMO. http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:28:33 PM by Condition 1 »

Tonym

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 02:03:36 AM »
Trust me chris gets plenty of my money lol

I shot the tiny 380 glock over the weekend. I seen they have a single stack 9mm comming out thats the same size but for a little extra width i feel like its worth the extra fire power of the 26.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
My first handgun for carry was the Walther PPS 9mm and after a few dozen other handguns it's still a top contender for CC. My personal choice is a Walther PPQ however the PPS is my second choice. It is the wife's first choice. Yes it is more expensive and has a lower capacity having only 6, 7 & 8 round mags however it is thinner, shorter, lighter while still having the heft and feel of a larger handgun. It's increasingly easy to conceal and shoot. It has some of the top accuracy reviews for this size with reviewers shooting it upward of 50 yards. I carry it with the 6 round flush mag and an 8 round spare. The wife prefers the 7 rounder so carry's with 2 of those.

I have several 1000 rounds through mine with out a single malfunction. The wife did her CCDW shooting with hers and at that point had only fired it once before.. that being the first time she had fired a handgun.

I have several brands of handguns and not a 'fanboy' of any manufacturer in general. You'd be hard pressed to find another sub compact that 'better'. Most quality handguns will perform and both the G26 and PPS would make a great CC firearm. It comes down to your preference. Google and Tube show many reviews on the PPS and how surprised many are after the shoot it.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:31:29 PM »
I agree with Adrenolin,  there are lots of choices.  I personally carry a 1911 every day,  when not carrying a 1911 I am carrying a Glock.  I trust these two platforms and am very comfortable with them.  There are equally reliable platforms out there,  S&W, XDs,  Sig,  etc.  I suggest you stick with a platform and get good with that.

SteveMiller

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 11:40:54 PM »
My first handgun for carry was the Walther PPS 9mm and after a few dozen other handguns it's still a top contender for CC. My personal choice is a Walther PPQ however the PPS is my second choice. It is the wife's first choice. Yes it is more expensive and has a lower capacity having only 6, 7 & 8 round mags however it is thinner, shorter, lighter while still having the heft and feel of a larger handgun. It's increasingly easy to conceal and shoot. It has some of the top accuracy reviews for this size with reviewers shooting it upward of 50 yards. I carry it with the 6 round flush mag and an 8 round spare. The wife prefers the 7 rounder so carry's with 2 of those.

I have several 1000 rounds through mine with out a single malfunction. The wife did her CCDW shooting with hers and at that point had only fired it once before.. that being the first time she had fired a handgun.

I have several brands of handguns and not a 'fanboy' of any manufacturer in general. You'd be hard pressed to find another sub compact that 'better'. Most quality handguns will perform and both the G26 and PPS would make a great CC firearm. It comes down to your preference. Google and Tube show many reviews on the PPS and how surprised many are after the shoot it.

Adrenolin you have me almost talked into another gun....  My PPQ is my favorite striker fired, and the only reason I don't have one already is I have a CM9, a Shield, and an XD Mod2 in that general size range of cary guns.  The PPS would need to replace the Shield in the rotation, but I am pretty happy with it still.   I may still get a PPS at some time or do I get a VP9 to compete with the g19 and PPQ.......
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Tonym

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:07:27 AM »
Yeah ive got a lot of homework to do. Im not a fan boy of any brand. If you asked me to pick a ccw guy just a few years ago i would have probably chosen a snub nose revolver.

Tonym

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 01:47:12 AM »
The hk p2000sk looked like a pretty cool piece too. Dont know if anyone has ever shot one of those in the group?

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 02:16:38 AM »
Yeah ive got a lot of homework to do. Im not a fan boy of any brand. If you asked me to pick a ccw guy just a few years ago i would have probably chosen a snub nose revolver.

I am  ;D

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »

If I had a Colt Detective Special I would carry it all the time.  Love at first site.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 12:29:03 AM »
I have been carrying my G26 since 4-26-06 and absolutely love it. I have had no issues or complaints about this weapon. The G26 for concealed carry really works for me. The big thing now regarding baby Glocks is the G43 single stack. I have no interest in one because I am very satisfied with 10+1. I also have no trouble double tapping with the 26. For spare magazines you can use the G17 (17rd),G19 (15rd) and if you want extreme you can use a 33 rounder. I generally carry G 19 mags for extra mags. I actually carry a G26 75% of the time a G 19 the other 25%. Good luck to you in your decision and remember what works for one may not work for another. I also use Pearce +0 finger extensions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:31:39 AM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE