Author Topic: glock 26??  (Read 14579 times)

Tonym

Re: glock 26??
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »
Yeah im kind of on that same page. Id rather have the extra rounds then something only a little bit thinner.

That new HK P30sk they announced a day or two ago looks very appealing though. Its also a 10+1. I have a full size hk so im pretty used to the controls of their guns.

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:30:35 AM by Tonym »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »
Yeah im kind of on that same page. Id rather have the extra rounds then something only a little bit thinner.

That ne HK P30sk they announced a day or two ago looks very appealing though. Its also a 10+1. I have a full size hk so im pretty used to the controls of their guns.

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/

Looks like a nice gun,  can't go wrong with Hk.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 05:28:11 AM »
The only thing I don't like about the HKs would be the short paddle mag release. With the PPS/PPQ they have a much longer paddle allowing my index finger (strong hand) to slide up, hook and pull down to release the mag. At the same time my trigger finger slides up to the frame/slide crease for safety & weak hand reaches for a spare mag. Both fingers remain straight. Slap the new mag in and trigger finger falls down if needed.

With the shorter paddles on the HKs I found I had to bend my middle finger to catch the paddle which requires more strength and dexterity. Also it was the tip of my finger making contact which is more sensitive then the pad of the finger and simply bothered me. Just didn't work for me hence my pick of Walther over HK. To each his own however.

Not saying anything bad about HK at all! Just sharing my experience with the paddle mag release.. which IMO is 10x better then the button release found on most handguns today.  ;D Again, just my personal thought.  ;)

I know some people use their off hand thumb to press down on the paddle however this seems to slow the entire process down.
--
The PPS is quite a bit more then "only a little bit thinner" btw. The P30SK being 1.37" and the PPS being just 0.9". It is no doubt a very sweet handgun and wins in capacity however the PPS hands down wins in the ability to conceal. Its an extremely flat sided thin 9mm handgun. If I want capacity I'll go for a full sized handgun like the PPQ, etc. If I want a 9mm and concealability its the flat PPS that can fit in a pocket. For ultra concealability the LCP 380 or an NAA .22mag.

This is why there are 1000s of different firearm shapes & sizes though, which is a great thing.

PPS and P30SK
--
btw.. whats wrong with a snub nose revolver?  ;D I have a spurless Ruger SP101 357mag that I carry now and then and packs a wallop! I love revolvers!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mac19701

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 02:52:26 AM »
New member coming late to the party but thought I'd offer my experience with G26.  I have several Glocks including G26 and G19.  If u use the grip extension w the G26 you'll find it is the same grip length as G19 so there's no advantage in conceal ability ( the barrel is down ur pant leg so length is much less of an issue).   Advantage goes to the G19 in IMHO because of extra capacity.  I found myself carrying my G19 much more than my G26 such that the G26 is just a hidden house gun now.  Only in summer during shorts and tee shirt weather do I change to a single stack pocket carry.  Just my 2 cents.  YMMV

Landmgr

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 11:40:30 PM »
New member coming late to the party but thought I'd offer my experience with G26.  I have several Glocks including G26 and G19.  If u use the grip extension w the G26 you'll find it is the same grip length as G19 so there's no advantage in conceal ability ( the barrel is down ur pant leg so length is much less of an issue).   Advantage goes to the G19 in IMHO because of extra capacity.  I found myself carrying my G19 much more than my G26 such that the G26 is just a hidden house gun now.  Only in summer during shorts and tee shirt weather do I change to a single stack pocket carry.  Just my 2 cents.  YMMV

I agree, I always get a kick out of people who get subcompacts and then put grip extensions on them. They end up with a gun that holds less rounds but has the same handle length as a compact. I bought the G19 for this exact reason.

Mac19701

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:23 AM »
I've had a G26 for several years.  Went thru the same process as you at the time.  I'll assume from the start that ur looking for a double stack, otherwise there's too many variables to discuss.  Tries XDS.  Good shooter, easy to handle, about the same size but noticeably heavier than the G26.  Tried H&k2000sk.  Really nice but $$$$$$.  Tried M&P Shield.  Didn't like trigger but that's a personal choice.  Also heavier than G26. Tried a few others that did not impress me enough to remember so I ended up with the G26.  Still love it.   Having said al that, you should learn to shoot without the pinky extension. Otherwise ur not gaining anything.  The G26 with extension is same grip length as G19 and u get more rounds w G19.  You can pocket carry the G26 w/o the extension in a pair of baggy cargo shorts and carry a spare G19 or G17 mag as back up.  That's just my two cents. YMMV.