Author Topic: Black powder  (Read 13972 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Black powder
« on: April 23, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »
Do you need an FFL to sell a black powder rifle?  I have a Filli Pietta smith 50 cal carbine I am looking to unload it has only been fired a few times.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Black powder
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:25:20 PM »
Do you need an FFL to sell a black powder rifle?  I have a Filli Pietta smith 50 cal carbine I am looking to unload it has only been fired a few times.
Our local FFL, FederalFirearm, said no in the Shotgun Private Party Sale thread.

Here's what I've found in the Delaware Code
http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml#1448B
-----------
§ 1448B Criminal history record checks for sales of firearms — Unlicensed persons.
(a) No unlicensed person shall sell or transfer any firearm, as defined in § 222 of this title, to any other unlicensed person without having conducted a criminal history background check through a licensed firearms dealer in accordance with § 1448A of this title and § 904A of Title 24, as the same may be amended from time to time, to determine whether the sale or transfer would be in violation of federal or state law.
c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(2) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898;

(3) Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (c)(2) of this section if such replica:

a. Is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or

b. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade;
----------------
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:53:03 PM »
Selling a black powder firearm would be ok as long as the buyer is not prohibited.  In fact I do not believe that a dealer can do a 4473 and background check on a black powder weapon.  Not sure on that though.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:54:52 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:56:19 AM »
Thanks  guys for all the help I got a hold of my firearms dealer today and he put it on consignment for me.  I figured this would be the easiest way and the right way to do this.  I did finely decide on my first CCDW firearm I am going with the ruger SR9C.  I was so hooked on the Sig Sauer p320 or the P250 but when I got that ruger in my hands I just didn't want to put it down.  Not to menchon the price difference I could have gotten the p320 for about 550 on the p250 for around 400 got the Ruger for 450.  The guy is very reasonable and takes the time out to give an honest opinion if any of you are intrested it is http://www.pavlicfirearms.com/  great guy great prices everything that you could ever ask for in a good shop owner.  He will even special order you anything you can think of.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Tonym

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:54:25 AM »
He has some decent prices posted. I went in there a while ago and he hardly had anything at all in stock.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:24:54 AM »
his stock is increasing there is a few more cases in there now he definately has some of the best prices around.  I always support local small business.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
Good choice for first carry gun.
I have never had a problem with mine after hundreds of rounds. And it will handle the "NATO" ammo.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
his stock is increasing there is a few more cases in there now he definately has some of the best prices around.  I always support local small business.

Here is a small business that you might want to check out it is "Federal Firearm" his name is Chris and in my view, he is the best place around to go for your needs, and one of the best people you will ever meet. When no one had ammo, he had it and sold to all at low, low prices. Go check him out, and by the way, take a lunch with you, cause you may be there awhile.
Anybody what to chime in???
New Castle County

Tonym

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
Yeah i buy all my stuff from chris. He beats everyone on prices and service.

Before i found out about him it had been like 3 years since i even bough a gun because i was so disappointed with all the shops around here

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Just spoke with him on the phone pretty cool guy I can respect how he does his business and see how he keeps his prices so low. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
Just spoke with him on the phone pretty cool guy I can respect how he does his business and see how he keeps his prices so low. 

Trust me, you won't be disappointed when you go over there.
New Castle County