Author Topic: Questions on application process/sequence  (Read 6213 times)

ChrisCar

Questions on application process/sequence
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:00:58 AM »
Hi all.  I'm almost ready to file for my initial permit and I'm trying to get the sequence straight.  I know i have to publish at least 10 days before filing. 

Do i get printed before filing the application?  There's a post on here saying it can take a few weeks just to get the appointment for printing; but i thought i read there's a station somewhere in Dover that takes walk-ins for prints.  Is that correct?

Also, I've  already taken the class, so should i include that with the application too, or wait until after the permit is approved?

Many thanks.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

lynch

• Life Member
Re: Questions on application process/sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »
Go behind the old Blue Hen Mall in Dover and look for the state bureau of identification. That's where you can do the walk in.
The office is located at 655 South Bay Road, Suite 1B, Dover, DE 19901, in the Blue Hen Corporate Center. Enter the road between Kent County Levy Court and Firestone, then follow the fingerprint signs.
Bring $65-70 with you to pay for service. Send doc ( be sure to make copies) you receive with your application.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
I've  already taken the class, so should i include that with the application too, or wait until after the permit is approved?

Include the training certificate with the application. Then, after it's approved, they just mail you a permit.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

ThePixelated

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:11:52 AM »
Just call Troop 2 & set up an appointment. I don't think it takes weeks. Should be only a few days at the most.

Do the prints before you turn in your application. DE does fingerprinting digitally..

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:39:03 AM »
We did the Delaware State Bureau of Identification behind Blue Hen Mall and we were in and out quickly. Wife was amused with the girl flirting with me while doing my fingerprints.  ;D If you don't mind making appointments call troop 2 however for your own leisure the SBI is the way to go.

Tonym

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 02:44:23 AM »
I did mine at troop 2. Youll wait on hold for about a half hour and then my appointment was 7 days later. It was the soonest avaliable

ChrisCar

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies.   I went behind the Blue Hell Mall on Monday.  I was in and out in under 15 minutes.  Great operation they've got there. 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 11:29:55 PM »
I know I am a little late to the post but I also made an appointment with troop 2 it was a week late the lady said if  you want to get it done sooner just go down to dover.  That is what I did took a trip down to the beach while we were at it.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God