Author Topic: Training Class  (Read 14457 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Training Class
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:48:27 AM »
I am hearing conflicting opinions on when is the proper time to take your firearms course as required by the CCDW process.  I have heard do it before you file it will save time and some are saying that you should wait until after your permit is issued.  So what is it wait or submit it with your paperwork?
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Training Class
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:51:33 AM »
Found this http://www.concealedcarryclass.net/concealed-carry-class-delaware/

this is the article that said you should wait till after you get approved.  Is this bullshido??
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:52:59 AM »
Many of us are of the opinion that it's best to take it before, and submit the certificate with the application.
My wife and I and my best friend all did it that way, and all the applications were successful.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:58:47 AM »
I concur with Old Geek.  We ( Mrs. "Clarence" and I) took our class together and received our licenses in 14 and 9 weeks respectively.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Tonym

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »
I took my class first and turned in the whole application complete, in person. It cant make the process go any slower right?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:06:45 AM »
Thanks all that is what I was thinking anyway that site that I posted with this just didnt make sense
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

lems902

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »
I agree - do it in advance and save yourself some time.  I believe the only item that has a time requirement is the newspaper ad...
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
The only way it makes sense to take the class after you receive approval is if you have doubts about getting approved in the first place. You would save some cash if things fell through. Otherwise, take it and get it over with.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
I agree - do it in advance and save yourself some time.  I believe the only item that has a time requirement is the newspaper ad...
Fingerprints are also time sensitive as well. 45 days
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
It is up to you.  If you take it before submitting your paperwork EVERYTHING will be there and it will go a little faster.
If you take it after submitting and are approved you will receive a letter stating you have 90 days from the date of the letter to submit the certificate (or I believe enrolment in a class) or you will be automatically denied.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 02:04:05 AM »
I am hearing conflicting opinions on when is the proper time to take your firearms course as required by the CCDW process.  I have heard do it before you file it will save time and some are saying that you should wait until after your permit is issued.  So what is it wait or submit it with your paperwork?

I agree with everyone else, if you do it all at once then you're done and would not delay the process any more than it needs to be!
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
Went in to pick up my SR9C today and it was already sold so another was ordered and this time I put the money down.  While I was that a guy that does the CCDW class for 150.00 was in the store seems like a good guy he has been emailing be back and forth answering any and all of my questions https://sites.google.com/site/firststatefirearmstraining/home  he only does classes on sundays.  I will be using him I appreciated his forwardness during our conversations.  I have to respect a man that can say what is on his mind and do it respectfully.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
That's who I used for my class. They did a great job.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »
That's who I used for my class. They did a great job.

Had one guy tell me that they charge so little for the class because they don't cover everything that you need to know.  I was like wow really thats not cool bashing people like that this company must have been desperate for the money or something.  Told them what I thought about that and hung up the phone. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Zallith

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »
Dave is good people, the class is plenty through on the things you need to know. However I advise anyone who carries to take a more combat oriented class after they get their permit.