Author Topic: Time to wake the sleeping giant -SB83 (take your guns without due process bill)  (Read 39879 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Got a message from NRA-ILA that the hearing has been postponed.

Keep up the pressure.  Let's make sure this dangerous bill never sees light of day.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
Received a note from Bridgeville R&P that SB-83 has been rescheduled to June 10, 2015.  The note was sent at 7:36 tonight.  Bridgeville says they need to confirm the date.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Here is the NRA notice:

As previously reported, the Delaware Senate Judiciary Committee was scheduled to hear Senate Bill 83 next week.  Your NRA-ILA has learned that this hearing has been postponed and has not yet been rescheduled for a hearing.

SB 83 would violate the due process of Delaware citizens.  SB 83 would exceed current Delaware and federal law, and would allow abuse orders, which can be issued ex parte, to be issued without evidence that a person committed any actual act of harm against a person, or that the person has even been charged with any criminal act.  After the order has been processed a person would be disqualified from owning any firearms or ammunition.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated when more information is made available or when a new hearing has been scheduled for SB 83.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Brian Pettyjohn of the 19th district says he will be voting against SB83
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
they are still looking for votes...
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
SB83 is on Wednesday's committee schedule.

Attend if possible.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Just Bill

• Life Member
NRA alert...they must have the votes.  Vote could come as early as tomorrow.  Swamp the lines!!!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Destice84

Just checked the agenda this morning. This bill is now out of committee. It had zero favorable votes, four votes on its merits and zero unfavorable votes.
In 1791, when the 2nd Amendment was written, every gun was "Military Style".

Sussex County resident
Springfield XD(m)9 4.5"
Custom built AR-15
NRA Member
Filed application 5-8-15
Received CCDW 8-14-15 (99 day wait)

Tandem

Do we know who voted and how?  Any perspective from someone who attended?
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Well the bill passed on a straight Democrat Party line vote and one Republican, or so I'm told. Does anyone know who that Republican was?

Remember this come Election time. The problem is Delawareans keep making the same mistake (voting Democrats in) and expecting a different result. Say, isn't that the same definition as a FOOL?

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
We are out numbered by Progressives and they control the state and our lives. Anyone who enjoys shooting,guns and the 2nd Amend should not move to DE. I am trying to get the hell out but it could take time. I moved here in 1994 and things were different but that has changed since Jack The Whack Markel and his ilk took control. I just want to know if a Republican voted for this.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
We are out numbered by Progressives and they control the state and our lives. Anyone who enjoys shooting,guns and the 2nd Amend should not move to DE. I am trying to get the hell out but it could take time. I moved here in 1994 and things were different but that has changed since Jack The Whack Markel and his ilk took control. I just want to know if a Republican voted for this.

Delaware is way better than Maryland where you don't even want to think of owning a handgun let alone carrying.  You must either have been the victim of a violent crime,  A person that carries large sums of money for your own business or for the place you work and take a 16 hour safety course that the last time I checked was around 3 to 400 dollars and it is still a may issue.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
I checked the SB 83 passed by the Delaware Senate Judiciary Committee and the vote was 4-0 (on it's Merits). The 4 voting for it were all Democrats (duh surprise, surprise) The two Republicans (Lavelle and Simpson) did not vote. So here one more right the Democrats have taken from Delaware gun owners.

But, will this be remembered come election time. I think not. There are just so many brain dead, vote party line, Liberal Progressive Democrats here it stinks.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

groundgrid

• Life Member
The bill is out of committee but (as far as I can tell) has not been voted on by the full senate.

While the chances of it not being passed are small, we still have a chance.
Keep putting pressure on your senators, especially if they are D's & up for reelection next year.

If this bill gets to the House, the chances of stopping it are much lower.

There appears to be an ever increasing disrespect for the Constitution by our elected representatives. 
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Received this and sent to all DSPC members who have email addresses....

----------------------------------

Date: Jun 11, 2015 5:35:20 PM
Subject: Another Up-Date on SB 83
To:

TO ALL:

Today was apparently interesting, to say the least. Our legislative team has been working very hard defending against this very bad bill and it looks like their good work is having an effect.

SB 83 was removed from the Senate's agenda today and placed back on the Ready List.

We are now told that it will probably be heard sometime next week - I will inform you when it will be heard, but right now it looks like it will probably be heard on Tuesday.

As soon as we know for sure, I will inform you of when SB 83 is placed back on the Senate Agenda.

Thanks,

John

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:22 PM
To:
Subject: Up-Date on SB 83
Importance: High

To All DSSA Board Members:

SB 83 was heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee today. Jeff Hague, Tom Shellenberger and Anthony Delcollo did outstanding jobs testifying on behalf of Due Process and the rights of law-abiding gun owners - as did NRA's Shannon Alford and Rick Armitage. The witnesses on other side were less than intellectually and factually honest, as usual.

When everyone left the Chamber they were told by the sponsor who also happened to be the committee chair, Sen. Henry, that the bill would be heard on Tuesday - after both sides had adequate opportunity to work out "fixes" addressing the flaws in the bill - neither of those promises were correct!

SB 83 is being "fast tracked" and will be on tomorrow's Senate agenda.

We have drafted a total of 22 potential amendments for consideration - if they actually do bring the bill to the floor for a vote, we hope to have those amendments introduced and voted upon.

If you have not already done so, please call your state senator and politely ask that they vote NO on SB 83.

Thanks,

John

-------------------------------
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.