Author Topic: Time to wake the sleeping giant -SB83 (take your guns without due process bill)  (Read 39924 times)

Tandem

Its good to see and active, organized effort to deal with this.  Thank you John, Anthony and others!
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

Tandem

Latest word from Greg Lavelle:

"It wasn't heard on the floor on Thursday and was sent back to what we call the "Ready List" and is not currently on an agenda.  I suppose the reality for putting back on the ready list is that they didn't have the votes.

Proponents and opponents are in discussion to see if an acceptable compromise can be reached."

My thought:

Is there a "compromise" that can resolve the concerns we have with this or is it just a lesser defeat?
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

groundgrid

• Life Member
Most people seem to agree that there may be a time when someone needs a "vacation" from their guns.
IMO, for this to happen fairly, the following would need to occur.

1). Due process including an appearance before a judge & representation by an attorney.
2). Any such order by the court should be for a finite time period not to exceed a reasonable duration (6 months)
3). A formal appeal process.
4). A decision based on a verifiable threat to the accuser eg. witnessed threats made.
      It is important that the accused not have their rights abridged just because they are a gun owner.
5). If a persons guns need to be held by another party, the accused must be able to choose that party eg. a gun dealer, gun club or possibly a        service provided by the NRA.
6). If their guns need to be held by the police, there can be no fee associated with that service. (Isn't that why we pay taxes)
7). The police are obligated to return the guns when the order expires.
8.  The police are barred from destroying the guns that are left with them for safe keeping.
9). Should the accused be convicted of a disqualifying crime he/she should be able to direct the disposition of the guns. eg. sold by
     a licensed dealer or given to an approved third party.
10). The making of false accusations must be a felony. (You can guess why this is necessary)
11). Accusations must be made within 2 years of the triggering event (divorce, breakup etc).
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
BRAVO GROUNDGRID!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Tandem

I agree Groundgrid.  Is this suggestion in the hands of a suitable legislator?  That is how we exercise some control in this process - make a practical counteroffer!
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

groundgrid

• Life Member
Please feel free to forward these suggestions to your legislator (If they are friendly).

I will send them to Greg Lavelle
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

ChrisCar

I received an interesting phone call a few minutes ago.  It was someone calling to "keep me informed of significant legislative developments" regarding firearms and domestic violence.  I asked, "is this about SB83?"  At which point he hung up!   I guess he figured if I knew about it, it was pointless to discuss it with me.

I'm wondering if the call was pro- or anti- SB83.  Has anyone received a similar call? 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Was there a number associated with the call? Would be interesting to know just what group is calling. Next month "poll numbers showing 89% of call recipients said no to guns...." via random phone calls. Just ignore the fact they hung up on anyone who actually has any knowledge about the subject. Lol that's one way to ensure the numbers work in their favor.  ::)

ChrisCar

Was there a number associated with the call? Would be interesting to know just what group is calling. Next month "poll numbers showing 89% of call recipients said no to guns...." via random phone calls. Just ignore the fact they hung up on anyone who actually has any knowledge about the subject. Lol that's one way to ensure the numbers work in their favor.  ::)

That's exactly what I was thinking.  The caller ID said simply "Dover, DE."  When I redialed the number I got a recorded message saying "we called you to participate in a discussion of current events and you're opinion matters" but if I wanted to be removed from their calling list, press 1.   I didn't press 1.  I hope they call back. 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

MarkB

• Life Member
groundgrid - I took the liberty of copying your excellent suggestions to my State Senator - Ernie Lopez - and I asked him to oppose SB83 and to work to change or replace the bill with your suggestions.  I did credit you with the suggestions. 
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

JonathanG

I'm in Senate District 14, and wrote Senator Ennis' office 13 days ago, voicing my opposition to S.B. 83, and; I inquired about his position regarding the legislation. I have yet to receive a response from them. I emailed again this evening, but I am not holding my breath on a response.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
I believe I got the same call yesterday.  I was watching TV and the phone rang and since I'm with Comcast the call showed up on the screen. It just said Dover, De. and the number. I think it was 302-257 XXXX. Since I have a answering machine to screen out telemarketing calls, I didn't pickup. Have not heard from then again.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
I'm in Senate District 14, and wrote Senator Ennis' office 13 days ago, voicing my opposition to S.B. 83, and; I inquired about his position regarding the legislation. I have yet to receive a response from them. I emailed again this evening, but I am not holding my breath on a response.

He is a NO vote.....If you will PM me I will forward his e-mail to you that he sent to me of his view of S.B.83, I will also give you his e-mail address (not the one at the state)

He is a pro gun, farmer, and hunter
New Castle County

MarkB

• Life Member
Just received a note from my Senator, Ernie Lopez.  He says SB83 is on the agenda for TODAY.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Just called Patty Blevins's office again.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.