Author Topic: Time to wake the sleeping giant -SB83 (take your guns without due process bill)  (Read 39869 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
A substitute bill (SS1 for SB83) was introduced today & passed by the full senate.

Most notable changes:

-Firearms can be given to an FFL for safe keeping instead of the police.
-The line about fees being charged by the police has disappeared.
-The petitioner is now subject to prosecution for making a false statement.
-The required gun inventory is not subject to FOIA requests (it remains confidential).
-The time duration after a relationship ends has been reduced from 5 years to 3 years.
-Section 2, Paragraph 6 has not been changed therefore not striking the "other than an ex parte order" clause

This is a great win for us. These changes prove that, as a group, we have considerable influence.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

JOET

• Life Member
SS 1 for SB 83 Henry Passed

AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 10 AND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

Date: 06/17/2015 05:26 PM   Passed

Vote Type:SM Yes: 15 No: 6 Not Voting: 0   Absent: 0

Blevins   Y      Hocker   N   Peterson   Y
Bonini   Y   Lavelle   N   Pettyjohn   N
Bushweller   Y   Lawson   N   Poore   Y
Cloutier   Y   Lopez   Y   Richardson   N
Ennis   N   Marshall   Y   Simpson   Y
Hall-Long   Y   McBride   Y   Sokola   Y
Henry   Y   McDowell   Y   Townsend   Y

There it is...Please thank those who voted NO..why we keep voting for the rest is beyond me..

now time to e-mail and call our Reps..
New Castle County

del elec

• Life Member
A substitute bill (SS1 for SB83) was introduced today & passed by the full senate.

Most notable changes:

-The line about fees being charged by the police has disappeared.
-The petitioner is now subject to prosecution for making a false statement.
-The required gun inventory is not subject to FOIA requests (it remains confidential).
-The time duration after a relationship ends has been reduced from 5 years to 3 years.
-Section 2, Paragraph 6 has not been changed therefore not striking the "other than an ex parte order" clause

This is a great win for us. These changes prove that, as a group, we have considerable influence.

Having carefully read through SS 1 for SB 83, all the concerns that I had and discussed with my Senator have been addressed. I have no problem with her voting for this bill.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

29thInfantry

• Life Member
So does this mean there will be due process since the petitioner can be charged for making a false statement? 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

del elec

• Life Member
From what I've been able to determine after reading the bill, the exception for the "ex parte" order has not been removed. A person will have his/her day in court before having to surrender their firearms, which will be able to be surrendered to a Delaware FFL. Also, the bill doesn't take effect until 2017.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
This new bell can work for me. I am pleased that so many folks did a lot of work that this ended in a way that will work for both sides. I want to thank everyone for doing what was needed to come to a ending that complied with both sides. I am pleased that my State Senator G.Simpson did the right thing. All the best to everyone on this site.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

ChrisCar

Most notable changes:

I think this first item is a hollow victory.  The bill does not give the accused the choice to surrender to an FFL.  It still says that: "firearms shall be relinquished immediately to a police officer if requested by the police officer upon personal service of the protective order. If no request is made by a police officer, the relinquishment shall occur within 24 hours of personal service of the order at any staffed police station or a federally-licensed firearms dealer located in Delaware[...]"   

So all the serving officer has to do is ask for the guns and s/he still gets them.  Period.  No FFL.  I can easily see the police adopting a policy where they always ask for firearms when protective orders are service. 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member