Author Topic: New Glock 43 holster from SneakyPete  (Read 7343 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
New Glock 43 holster from SneakyPete
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »
I tend to conceal my handguns in plain sight: my Glock 29 follows me everywhere in a Safepacker, and I was very happy wearing my Glock 42 in a SneakyPete holster.
Now, SneakyPete makes that same holster for the Glock 43... mine will be here today. I'll include a review when I put up the G43 range report.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: New Glock 43 holster from SneakyPete
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:22:26 PM »
oops: it's coming in tomorrow, not today.
I'm making a JFK run Saturday, so I won't be wearing it much until Sunday...

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
I tend to conceal my handguns in plain sight: my Glock 29 follows me everywhere in a Safepacker, and I was very happy wearing my Glock 42 in a SneakyPete holster.
Now, SneakyPete makes that same holster for the Glock 43... mine will be here today. I'll include a review when I put up the G43 range report.

What Range are you going to shoot at ?
Bridgeville ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:20:37 AM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »
 I myself and a good friend have had problems with the Sneaky Pete. The quality is just not there. There customer service sucks the big one. The idea behind the holster is good but the workmanship is not good. I would not recommend a Sneaky Pete to my worst enemy. I just chalk this up to a bad decision on he purchase of a Sneaky Pete for my G42. My friend had a bad time contacting their customer service and canceled the order.  Later,
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 01:42:28 AM »
My first SneakyPete holster for the G42 was a nylon one that did not hold up well. They replaced it for free, including return shipping, as soon as I sent them a photo of the defect.
The leather one I bought held up well; I just gave it to a friend with a G42. I gave the new-in-box nylon one to my stepson for his birthday.

We'll see how the G43 leather model holds up...

Joep, we'll probably end up at Targetmaster.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:27:46 PM »
I thought I would try one for my S&W 642 & BG .38.  Small guns, so i assumed a small holster.  It is BIG, may as well open carry.  The thing screams GUN!!!  I got my permit for a reason, CONCEALED.   I'll have to stick to my pocket holster when too warm for a shirt.

As for customer service, I first planned to return it, they said no problem.  I did keep it so I can't say if there might have been customer service problems.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
I have to agree they screen that you have a gun. I've seen a half dozen in the last year or so on people. Mostly in stores and at a checkout is where I notice them. To each their own and if it works for you great. Just know they might not hide the fact you have a handgun as much as you think.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »
My SneakyPete got spotted on the way into Cabelas: the young lady watching the door politely asked if I was carrying. She was just making sure it was going to stay concealed.

My friend wearing his SneakyPete went in a few days later. He stopped and chatted with the guy at the door, who didn't notice the holster... but, while he was there, the guy did politely ask a few other people who were going in if they were carrying.