Author Topic: Had my wallet stolen with my ccw permit in it  (Read 22551 times)

wutdhail

Had my wallet stolen with my ccw permit in it
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:09:37 AM »
Anyone know what I am required to do?  How do I get a new one?

lynch

• Life Member
Re: Had my wallet stolen with my ccw permit in it
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:00:44 AM »
Were you held up or what?
How was it stolen?
Call the prothonotary for the county where you applied for your permit to find out about a replacement.
I wouldn't concealed-carry in the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:03:29 AM by lynch »
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

wutdhail

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
My wallet was stolen from my vehicle.  So yeah, I called the Superior court and found out it's fairly easy.  Send them copy of DL, 2 pics and $5 bucks and they will get it back to me.  Then called the sheriffs office in DE county and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork and then come back when I get references and go through this whole rigamarole.  I said no thanks called up Lancaster county where I got my ccw origially and basically do the same thing as DE.  Send them the DL, a note saying how my wallet was stolen and $5 bucks.  They use the same pics on file.  Fla is about the same.  So moral of the story, don't go to DE county, it's run by lib bureaucrats that just want to hassle law abiding citizens.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »
My wallet was stolen from my vehicle.  So yeah, I called the Superior court and found out it's fairly easy.  Send them copy of DL, 2 pics and $5 bucks and they will get it back to me.  Then called the sheriffs office in DE county and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork and then come back when I get references and go through this whole rigamarole.  I said no thanks called up Lancaster county where I got my ccw origially and basically do the same thing as DE.  Send them the DL, a note saying how my wallet was stolen and $5 bucks.  They use the same pics on file.  Fla is about the same.  So moral of the story, don't go to DE county, it's run by lib bureaucrats that just want to hassle law abiding citizens.

Could be worse.  Saw a post on another forum about a gentleman from Philadelphia that lost his wallet and when he went back to get a new LTCF, They denied him under the character clause as being irresponsible for losing his wallet.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

rikwick

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
I took a picture of my permit along with other stuff with my phone, just in case I don't have my wallet with me, I at least have some documentation.   You should be just fine with being able to cc.   

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »
I took a picture of my permit along with other stuff with my phone, just in case I don't have my wallet with me, I at least have some documentation.   You should be just fine with being able to cc.   

That is some sound advice right there.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 07:09:40 AM »

Which brings up the question.. Is it legal to make a physical copy of our CCDW permit and carry that while the original could remain at home secured in the safe? Aside from theft one runs a risk of damaging the permit in any number of ways.

Taking the advice from an officer during an chat last year, I have a photo of the front and rear of my ID on my phone as well as my drivers license and a copy of the "Defensive Shooting Guidelines for the Responsible Armed Citizen".

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »

Great idea. Thanks for the post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County