Author Topic: IWB VS OWB  (Read 8030 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
IWB VS OWB
« on: May 16, 2015, 02:49:10 AM »
Did not see this on here maybe I missed it if I did I apologize in advance.  Just got my Ruger SR9C today would have had it earlier but they sent the all black instead of the stainless slide.  So now I am looking at a holster and was woundering what people were using for CCDW.  I was looking at the N82 holster a lot of good reviews on it and also the crossbreed,  alien gear, and a few others looking for some honest opinions on what everyone likes.  Sorry I have not been on in a while between my Aunt in and out of the hospital and people loosing their minds minds around here.  Just had a shooting 4 doors down from me it's been a bit crazy around here.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

lynch

• Life Member
Re: IWB VS OWB
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:09:04 AM »
I carry the sr9c but mostly during the cooler months and I use a owb Fobus holster. If I do carry it during the warmer months, I have a Alien Gear iwb. I do own the N82 and it is a comfortable fit until you start to sweat a bit and then it tends to stick to the old rump. :) The Alien Gear holster does require a bit of breaking in and you may need to do a bit of wardrobe adjustments, mainly pants.
HTH
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
I carry my Glock 19 in a N82 Pro every day, all year round. it's very comfortable.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
I chose the SR9, big brother to the compact version (SR9C). I've been carrying for over 3 years using the Deep Comfort, Pro-Carry by the Holster Store. No problem in warm weather, as I use a tank tee shirt under a button up shirt for cover. Check out www.theholsterstore.com , and you will see huge assortment of holster designed for the Ruger SR9C , all made in America (Florida) of US materials. Good prices, quick shipping. (mine only took 4 days)
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
I carry my Glock 19 in a N82 Pro every day, all year round. it's very comfortable.

How low does the firearm sit in the holster?  I have a few extra pounds on me and dont want the holster to have the weapon sitting up to high
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
Mostly carry a Springfield XDS9 OWB with the supplied holdter.  But also have a Ruger SR40c and I OWB with a Forbus holster when I carry that gun.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
"How low does the firearm sit in the holster?  I have a few extra pounds on me and dont want the holster to have the weapon sitting up to high" 

[attachment deleted by admin]
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
"How low does the firearm sit in the holster?  I have a few extra pounds on me and dont want the holster to have the weapon sitting up to high"  

Well thank you good sir thats a very acurate pic of what my midsection looks like.  We are not fat we are big boned lololol
 Does it feel like it is to heavy on your side or do you even notice it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:48:14 PM by 29thInfantry »
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
Don't worry, you will be like the rest of us and have a whole drawer full of them.. hahahah...

Del Elec...retirement is getting too good I see..hahahah
New Castle County

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 10:58:13 AM »
Don't worry, you will be like the rest of us and have a whole drawer full of them.. hahahah...

Del Elec...retirement is getting too good I see..hahahah
It's ten times better than I ever imagined it would be. It could never be too good.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 08:42:59 AM »

^^^^ This  ;D Even after finding "my" favorite holster I've still purchased a few others to try out for some ungodly reason.

I have a number of the Minotaur MTAC Holsters by Comp-Tac along with a couple of their reinforced belts. I have to say BEST belt I've ever had hand down without a doubt. I have an MTAC shell for many of my handguns and for the ones I'll carry most often I have the full holster. Most of the time I wear a tighter fit T under a regular shirt but often I don't and the holster rarely bothers my skin. Its extremely versatile and every point on it is adjustable. Yes, they are on the high-mid end of pricing (mtac is $95 & belt is $99) but I've been very happy with their holsters as well as their belts.

I wear size 36 jeans mostly and typically carry a Walther Classic 9mm PPQ daily from the time I get up until bed with no issues.

Doesn't matter what we tell you we like as its a personal item that you have to like.