Author Topic: BREAKING: Washington, D.C. “May Issue” Handgun Carry License Law is Unconstituti  (Read 3727 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
An injunction has been issued against the District essentially invalidating their "good cause" requirement for obtaining a concealed carry permit.

Link to additional information:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

We can all hope that MD & NJ will be next.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Could this set a precedence for Delaware, also a "may issue" state?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Delaware probably would not be affected unless a court case with an egregious denial came up.  I think that the only thing that might be fought in court would be the 5 character references from the county might be looked at as discriminatory.  

As for the DC case,   Unfortunately This will probably not be upheld by the full  federal district court if DC appeals.  Might have to be settled by the U.S. Supreme courts. 

There is also a chance that congress will get involved and force DC to allow carry.
IANAL
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:21:44 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

groundgrid

• Life Member
Does anyone know a DC certified instructor?

Might be time to get a course together in the local area.

Also, the difference with DE is that they don't say no very often.
However, this case should dissuade our local, not so bright lawmakers from getting any ideas.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Now would be the time to get DC if you were so inclined.  Not sure what hoops you have to jump through, but the portion of the law that says you have a reason based on a threat is off the table now. Any other restrictions are still valid. 

Wouldn't be surprised if DC didn't very quickly come up with something else real quick.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Paladin4CA

A 3-judge panel withdrew the Preliminary Injunction, so D.C.'s "May Issue" law is back in effect.

Oral arguments for a trial on the merits will take place soon after briefs are due (Sept 24th).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/federal-appeals-court-lets-new-dc-gun-law-stand-pending-final-ruling/2015/06/29/3aa1bd2a-1e78-11e5-bf41-c23f5d3face1_story.html
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter