Author Topic: New Permit Card?  (Read 20948 times)

Five.Slow

New Permit Card?
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
I read on DELOC that someone emailed Dale Broome to check on his status and was told that his permit was approved but there are delays in processing because they were transitioning to a new permit card similar to a driver's license.   Is this true? Has anyone heard of or seen one of these?

Tonym

Re: New Permit Card?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »
A few people have been talking about it but i havent seen one

DepotDad

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »
That was me that posted about the new card. DepotDad here. New member, but I've been waiting to finally post on this forum. It's day 114 of my wait. Like I posted over at DELOC, Dale emailed that my permit was granted, but there's piles of permits to print now with the new machine. I'm not holding my breath that it'll get here before month 5. And BTW, hello to all
DE. CCDW
PA. LTCF
NRA Member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Welcome!

We would like a report please when you get it. 
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
Can not wait to see this.....
New Castle County

rikwick

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
I got my card Monday after about 4.5 mo.  The card is plastic, much like a credit card.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »
Can't wait to get one... in 2020.   >:(
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 03:32:18 PM »
rikwick, did you send two photos in or did they photograph you like in PA? Now they should streamline the process for renewals just as they do PA. Maybe I am expecting too much.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:40:19 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »

Did yours come apart and you need a new one?????
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 11:47:44 PM »

Mine is holding up OK, because my wallet has a large slot for it that doesn't beat it up.
I will be happier with a normal card that doesn't look fake, especially when I'm driving cross country...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

fish0123

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
I just got my renewal last week and it is the usual crap laminated job. Just an FYI I am in Sussex county and it took 2 months from the time I submitted my renewal form.

rikwick

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
retcapt1994 I still subitted two pictures.  The card is white, exacts same size as my drivers license but a little bit thicker.  I called the sherrif's office in Media, PA and was told the process is about two weeks for out of state permits.  I am not sure if Lancaster is doing it all in one day.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »
retcapt1994 I still subitted two pictures.  The card is white, exacts same size as my drivers license but a little bit thicker.  I called the sherrif's office in Media, PA and was told the process is about two weeks for out of state permits.  I am not sure if Lancaster is doing it all in one day.
Lancaster takes about 15 minutes.  Show up with your Delaware, fill out the application and hand over $20. They run an instant check on the spot. They will take your picture and print out your card. That's it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:21:18 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 07:33:13 AM »

;D Oops it was stuck to an old credit card I put in the shredder by mistake! btw.. can I get one of those new plastic cards as a replacement?  :D

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »

;D Oops it was stuck to an old credit card I put in the shredder by mistake! btw.. can I get one of those new plastic cards as a replacement?  :D
At least my thinking didnt go over everyones head....