Author Topic: Gun lock law.......  (Read 9444 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Gun lock law.......
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Gun lock law.......
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »
Pure bull do-do.  It says..."if a stolen unsecured gun is used in a crime".  How hard is it to remove a gunlock from a stolen gun???  Sorry, not that hard.  Of course, as brilliant as SB83, when the "guilty party" has no say in the proceedings.  This will likely pass the liberal/progressive legislature.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:13:09 AM »
I consider gun locks, as everyone should, as child resistant devices as required by current law.  The locks that come with most guns are a joke.  The after market locks are almost as bad.  If any of the forum members lose a key and are not aware of how to remove the lock just Google or you tube the subject.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
I consider gun locks, as everyone should, as child resistant devices as required by current law.  The locks that come with most guns are a joke.  The after market locks are almost as bad.  If any of the forum members lose a key and are not aware of how to remove the lock just Google or you tube the subject.

That is exactly the purpose for the lock, children.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
Freakin' Progressive A_ _holes just have to screw with us. I do not have children in my home and IMHO a defense weapon should not and will not have a lock on it.  I have read that a city (cannot remember where) that folks are carrying while in their home because that satisfies the element IN USE. Again not sure where that is. If a the has to be in use I have but one question. If the weapon is home defense isn't that being in use?
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:32 PM »
my handgun is always in my control I don't think they will ever define what the term not in use means by law. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Tonym

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
I think all these toddler shootings are what prompted this. Its a shame that many parents with gun were that foolish though
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:51:46 PM by Tonym »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
my handgun is always in my control I don't think they will ever define what the term not in use means by law. 

A little off topic - "two is one, one is none."

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »
Do not let the smaller skirmishes in the war on guns distract us from the bigger picture. While the gun grabbers promote “common sense” (a term used that means “my opinion is more important than your rights”) issues like gun locks, the bigger picture is that they want to whittle away at our gun rights piece by piece hoping that by the time we realize what is happening, what is left of our gun rights is too little to be able to fight back. It is important to fight tooth and nail against every incursion into gun rights no matter how minor it may seem on its merits.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Tonym

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
I do see a positive in that when a toddler kills someone or him self with daddys gun, now theres a clear cut law to send him off to jail.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 01:20:29 PM »
Liberal Progressives are well known for using the term "common sense" and for the "protection of the children" to get their gun grabbing agenda through.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
Are the people who write these things totally brainless or what. A good lawyer will rip this law to shreds.

What is the definition of "easy access?"
My home is a "container" & the doors are locked therefore nothing inside is easily accessible.

However, if a gun should be stolen from my locked home, I could be charged under the law & be forced to provide an "affirmative defense."

My legislators both have a brain & won't vote for this bill.
I'm curious to how the others justify supporting it.
Please ask your Representative & Senator for a detailed explanation & post it here.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
Why is it that liberal/progressives never think about the consequences of the crap they dream up???  Oh yeah, this sounds, feels good now, let's do it, forget the side effects.  And in this state, we seem to be stuck with them in charge.  The 'gimme' voters have nothing else to do except vote in their meal-ticket.

------end of rant-----
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Just received this from Jeff Spiegelman (hopefully most of you did too).
Lets stay active in fighting off these Bills.

There are three firearm related bills floating through the general assembly right now.  The first is SB 83
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis148.nsf/vwLegislation/SB+83/$file/legis.html?open

This bill is out of committee in the Senate and awaiting a full vote.

In committee today at 1pm is a mandatory lock-up bill.  HB 168
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis148.nsf/vwLegislation/HB+168/$file/legis.html?open

Just going out for co-sponsors is a bill that makes carrying a firearm illegal in a park.  It probably won't make it to committee this year at this late date.

Also, if you will recall, there was a bill that made it illegal to open-carry a firearm in a municipal building.  The rumor is that a substitute bill will be released that will allow municipalities to opt-in to that situation rather than forcing them to opt-out if they wish.  I do not know if this bill will make it to the agenda this year either.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 01:07:07 AM »
From a secondary source, I was told that HB168 failed to make it out of committee.

I will confirm this as soon as the State updates the website.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)