Author Topic: Delaware man shot in parking lot  (Read 7534 times)

Taurus221

• NRA member
Delaware man shot in parking lot
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »
From the News Journal:
A 23-year-old New Castle man was fatally shot in the head early Sunday outside a restaurant near Newark, police said.

Anthony Chandler died about 12:50 a.m. in the parking lot of the Meadowood II Shopping Center, 2620 Capitol Trail, after leaving a party at the Taste of India restaurant, state police Lt. Melissa Zebley said.
Though police have confirmed Chandler attended the party, it is not yet clear if the shooting and his death are related to it, they said.
Chandler was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
"People were screaming and yelling in the parking lot," said Mike Rav, 34, of Pike Creek. "And I saw a guy who wasn't moving or anything. Paramedics just whisked him away, and I saw he was covered in blood from his chest up."
Rav spent Saturday night like many others: hanging out at Cunningham's Irish Pub next to the restaurant where he works as a chef.
But when an off-duty firefighter at the pub got a page saying a shooting had occurred outside, Rav ran out to see what happened.
"People were hauling ... out of here and yelling, 'We gotta go, we gotta go,' " Rav said. He said as many as 30 cars fled the parking lot before police arrived.
Rav estimated at least 60 people stayed in the parking lot crying.
Police arrived after paramedics and taped off the scene and blocked exits while they questioned witnesses, he said. He was not allowed to leave until nearly 4 a.m.
Michael Cunningham, 40, of Pike Creek, owns the pub next door to Taste of India. He said the restaurant's owner returned to India for the week to visit his family while his two sons were left to run the restaurant.
The sons declined to comment, and the owner was not available.
Cunningham noted the shopping center recently installed several video cameras to monitor the parking lots, which he hopes will lead to an arrest in the case.
No information about suspects is available, Zebley said.
Anyone with information about the incident may call detectives at 531-5892, state police Troop 6 at 633-5000 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333.

Another reason for us to carry.
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Delaware man shot in parking lot
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
Yup!  I totally agree. 

Then again, Taurus, if you stopped partying at A Taste of India, you might be able to avoid being shot at.   ;D

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident