Author Topic: 2 injured in New Castle area robbery attempt  (Read 7130 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
2 injured in New Castle area robbery attempt
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:15:47 PM »
Another Shooting in Maple Hill right off Wilton Blvd hy am I not surprised whats that like 4 this year.  >:(

2 injured in New Castle area robbery attempt
By TERRI SANGINITI • The News Journal • July 1, 2009

Read Comments(4) RecommendPrint this pageE-mail this articleShare
Del.icio.usFacebookDiggRedditNewsvineBuzz up!TwitterNew Castle County police are investigating a late-night armed robbery attempt Tuesday near New Castle that left two men injured.

About 11:30 p.m., officers were called to the first block of Pell Street to investigate a shooting.

When officers arrived, they found two men who said that a man attempted to rob them at gunpoint.

A third man was shot in the arm and taken to Christiana Hospital, where he was treated for an arm wound and released, said Cpl. Trinidad Navarro, a county police spokesman.

An investigation revealed the three victims were talking outside in front of the Maple Hill Townhouses when a man approached, pointed a gun at them and ordered them to the ground.

One of the victims, 29, did what he was told and was pistol-whipped by the assailant, who ordered him to give up his valuables.

The two other victims took off running in opposite directions just as the gunman fired, hitting one of the men, 26, in the arm. The other man, 32, was able to escape into his home, Navarro said.

The victim on the ground, meanwhile, heard the gunshot and saw the gunman running toward Deen Street.

The suspect is described as a stocky man in his late teens to early 20s, about 5-foot-6 and about 160 pounds.

He was dressed in a light-colored shirt.

Police are asking anyone with information on his identity to call 395-8110 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: 2 injured in New Castle area robbery attempt
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Like the old saying goes, nothing good is going on ayt that time of night. Wonder what those two upstanding citizens were doing "hanging out" at 11:30 at night anyway? I'm sorry but we've all seen those areas and the people out at that time of night aren't star gazing. The scariest thing is that the inoccent people can get killed by all the lead that gets sprayed around.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!