Author Topic: Flashlight  (Read 12606 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Flashlight
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:04:19 AM »
I have been tossing around the idea of getting an EDC light anyone have any suggestions?  These are a few I have been considering not looking to spend over 100 bucks as I have found out that crimson trace is getting ready to come out with a light for the SR9C that fits just like the laser.

Fenix PD32 and the PD 35
Thrunite TN12
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Flashlight
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »
I use a Minimaglite, comes with a nylon belt holster, fits in well with my mag pouch and holster.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 05:50:22 PM »
I bought a MagLite Mag-Tac Jan of last year in coyote though it's available in black and green as well. Features Off/Momentary/On/Strobe with a 320-Lumen light and a tactical striking crown for up close & personal defense. Runs on 2 123A batteries and I always have a box or two of the Surefire 123A 12 packs in the desk. Decent battery life for such a strong light. I think I've gone through a 12 pack on batteries since I bought it and it's been used a lot though I try to not use it for extended periods. It's flippen bright inside and will blind anyone you flash it on. Outside it lights up like daylight. Tough, tough and tough body that I've abused quite a bit over the last year. Bomb proof or close to it! It's been dropped, kicked, bath toy when the power was out (for my young son that is..  ;D), used as a sandpaper holder, camp light, a dive light on one occasion even.

I was involved in a S&R last year while in Canada for a boy lost near a camp site we were near. I replaced a set of batteries that night but it got used for nearly 4 continuous hours. Yes, the frightened boy was found safe thankfully.

It's a touch on the larger side. When I bought it I almost made it a night table light but kept with it for a bit and have come to like it. I bought 2 others for the night table and truck console.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
I'm a big fan of the ThruNite brand. Made in China. They come with nylon holsters, and spare O-rings. You can purchase throwers or floods, in cool white or neutral warm. I love the TN36, which is 6500 lumen flood, but it isn't an EDC. Shaped like a coke can.
My EDC is Thrunite 2CV2 LED flashlight, Cree XM L2 U2, Neutral white, $40 at Amazon.
1x18650 battery, Turbo (1040 lum/90 min), High (650 lum/95 min), Medium (220 lum/5 hrs), Low (11 lum/72 hrs), Moonlight (0.1 lum/90 days), Max beam distance: 212 meters

You can buy a bundle deal with the battery and charger. Stick with the Thrunite batteries. Lot of shitty Li-ion batteries out there. Thrunite sells in Amazon, and prices are cheaper than Thrunite website.
CutleryLover has a lot of videos on TN flashlights on YouTube.

Good luck!
New Castle County

Zallith

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:30:30 PM »
Etc? Streamlight pro tac 2aaa.  A pen light with plenty of lumens  for daily tasks.  If you need more light  carry something big in the car.

Wayne15464

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 04:09:40 AM »
I would recommend a Malkoff MDC  for $99, it is what I have carried for the last 2 years as my EDC. It is a 1 CR123 light.

If you want a 2 CR123 light, I recommend  Malkoff Turnkey MD2 with a High/Low switch.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
I have the Thrunite T20. It uses the cr123a battery. Has 3 settings( the brightest @ 255 lumens) and has a wand cover for making a small lantern-like light.
It's as bright as the Guard Dog tac light I have but is about 1/5 the size.
$24 at Amazon.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »
I like Surefire.

08m3saloon

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
I carry a Streamlight Micro-stream as my EDC light.  Love its size, I never feel burdened by having it clipped to my pocket.  Before that I pocket carried a 2 cell cr123 style light and with all the other things that end up in pockets I came to the conclusion it was to large for what I needed it for.  The Micro-stream uses 1xAAA battery so those are easy enough to find and affordable.  20 lumens is plenty for the daily tasks I ask of it, its got a double clip that can be placed on the bill of a ball cap should you need both hands, making it a quick headlamp in a pinch.  I also keep a Streamlight Nano-light on my key ring, its 10 lumens.  Both can be had for between 20-25 dollars.  In all fairness though I EDC a weapon mounted light so high output isn't something I personally need out of a handheld light. YMMV

lems902

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 06:37:39 AM »
Another fan of Thrunite. Recently I've been carrying the T101. Crazy small, and bright.

At one point I carried a Klarus XT11. Amazing light, but just too big to be comfortable. Now that is my bed side light..and ends up being a work around the house light as well.
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

fdegree

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 03:57:25 AM »
Might want to read this thread...http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=3272.0
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-