Author Topic: Westown Movies - Middletown  (Read 11870 times)

del elec

• Life Member
Westown Movies - Middletown
« on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Just posted their rules of "No weapons of any kind allowed" https://www.westownmovies.com/rules-policies/
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Westown Movies - Middletown
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »
I was there a couple weeks ago with my son and there was no posted signage that I noticed. I tend not to look however  ;D

ThePixelated

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
The Regal Cinema in People's Plaza has a similar sign... My wife pointed it out to me on our last time there and I was like "Yes dear, that's a nice sign" and went in to see the movie. It was weird because she hadn't said anything about the sign before since after getting my CCW and carried into the theater several times before.

packing preacher

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 07:30:46 AM »
 :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:55:14 PM »
Well done Packing Preacher!
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »
What signs??
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »
Was at Westown in Middletown for Star Wars the other day... still no signs that the wife or I noticed walking in.

SteveMiller

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Same here.  Was prepared to just ignore, but didn't even see a sign.  The movie was good and it was a good crowd.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

robberbaron

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »
I make it a point to not look at the signs at entries to public places like malls and theaters.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »
WAY TO GO PACKING PREACHER --- Like many of you I never see a sign that gives up my ability to defend myself.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:17:51 AM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
We should make that sign into small stickers. Then every time we run into a real sign, we could stick this over it. See if anyone notices, or understands.
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 01:19:37 AM »
That is a great idea and I would contribute to the cause.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 02:38:57 AM »
About 2" X 3" would be good.  Small enough to handle and large enough to read.  Send a note if done.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 02:52:41 AM »
PARTY-POOPER ALERT
----------------
§ 812 Graffiti and possession of graffiti implements; class G felony; class A misdemeanor; class B misdemeanor.

(a)(1) A person is guilty of the act of graffiti when the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly draws, paints, etches or makes any significant mark or inscription upon any public or private, real or personal property of another without the permission of the owner.

(2) Graffiti is a class A misdemeanor, unless the property damage caused thereby exceeds $1500, in which case it is a class G felony. The penalty for graffiti shall include a minimum fine of not less than $1000 which shall not be subject to suspension, restitution for damages to the property and 250 hours of community service, at least 1/2 of which shall be served removing graffiti on public property. The minimum fine and community service hours shall be doubled for a second or subsequent conviction of an act of graffiti. The minimum fine shall also be doubled, and may not be suspended, for a first, second, or subsequent conviction of an act of graffiti which is performed on or along a Delaware byway, as defined in § 101(a)(9) of Title 17.

(b)(1) A person is guilty of possession of graffiti implements when the person possesses any tool, instrument, article, substance, solution or other compound designed or commonly used to etch, paint, cover, draw upon or otherwise place a mark upon a piece of property which that person has no permission or authority to etch, paint, cover, draw upon or otherwise mark, under circumstances evidencing an intent to use the same in order to commit an act of graffiti or damage such property.

(2) Possession of graffiti implements is a class B misdemeanor. The penalty for possession of graffiti implements shall include a minimum fine of not less than $500 which shall not be subject to suspension, restitution for damages to the property and 100 hours of community service, at least 1/2 of which shall be served removing graffiti on public property. The minimum fine and community service hours shall be doubled for a second or subsequent conviction of possession of graffiti implements.
--------------
and bad PR for gun-nut villians.  (Or did I miss the humor?).  I know that Peoples Plaza Regal has a sign but from what I have read Westown only has it in their policy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:54:35 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
PLUS.....  Your prints are on file.  (just a thought)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.