Author Topic: The Rise of Concealed Carry  (Read 3687 times)

Viking33

The Rise of Concealed Carry
« on: July 18, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
The following is a very good story that can be found on the web address below.  In addition there is a link available to download the paper.  It is good reading and full of information that gives insight on why women and minorities are increasingly acquiring concealed carry permits, and examples of the effect of concealed carry has on decreasing crime rates.  News does not get fresher then this

The Rise of Concealed Carry
By Courtney Such  July 17, 2015

How many people are licensed to carry concealed guns in your state? The Crime Prevention Research Center has released a paper with the numbers, finding that the number of permit holders has risen 15.4 percent in the last year alone.

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2015/07/17/the_rise_of_concealed_carry_1369.html

NRA
DSSA

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: The Rise of Concealed Carry
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »
Wow.  Great report. Thanks!    Interesting to see we are over 11,000 here considering we are one of the most expensive and difficult to get ( among states that actually y do issue))
Most money and time spent for something I hope I will never have to use. ✌
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:24:41 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Viking33

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »
It is a lot more expensive than it needs to be.  It took me almost 10 months to finally get mine issued here in NCC.  I was getting stonewalled and then ignored by the person who was supposed to be responding to inquires.  I got PO'd and made a phone call to someone I knew in the office and had it my hand in three days.  It's not what you know, it's who you know.  Apparently it still works that way.  The politics in this state sure have changed since I was on the DSSA board in the 80's!
NRA
DSSA

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:43 PM »
Where does the "Crime Prevention Research Center" get it's numbers? I thought the numbers were not give out by the states. How factual are they? 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Viking33

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
Attached, please find a link to their web site.  It seems that they are a very pro 2A group.  They have information on their site that addresses your questions.  In addition, starting on Page 21 of the report, they list where they acquired their Data.

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/crime-prevention-research-center/
NRA
DSSA

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
Where does the "Crime Prevention Research Center" get it's numbers? I thought the numbers were not give out by the states. How factual are they? 

The state and county numbers can be released however no identifying or personal information can be released as it is specifically protected within the DE Code.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »
The Crime Prevention Research Center is run by John Lott, the author of More Guns, Less Crime.I find him to be trustworthy and accurate.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County