Author Topic: Pennsylvania Permit  (Read 22624 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Pennsylvania Permit
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 02:28:19 PM »
Kent.

(We need Reciprocity)

There art currently 4 bills before the US Congress titled the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015. All of these bills are in committee, pending further action. But other than co-sponsors signing on, there has been no action by the Republican House or Senate. One is a Senate Bill, and 3 are House Bills. But one thing they all have in common is they do not infringe on individual state rights to set their own laws. So, they would only make the recognition of states permits reciprocal, but would not answer your suggestion.

The Bills are S. 498, H.R.923, H.R. 402, H.R. 986, and you can go into the Government bill tracking website and sign on to track these bill and get email updates as they happen. BUT, nothing has happened lately. They will probably die in committee and be brought up again next year as new bills.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
I'd say take the holster off. Most holsters have some metal in them, like snaps, and belt clips. That will set off the metal detectors. Then you will have to explain why you are wearing a holster for a gun in PA. WITH NO PERMIT, valid in PA.
This could make your trip to PA. a lost cause and a charge such as this could eliminate you from not Only getting a PA. permit, but bounce back on you here in Delaware and cause you to lose your DECCW.
Why go all the way there and screw it up at the last minute. Be safe and wise. Good luck.

That was my thinking on it all initially just wanted to make sure I was not over thinking it. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
Does it matter where your references are from on the PA app?
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
Call them 717 299 8200 optn 5.  I was going to call them about the storage of the firearm but was on hold too long (I'm at work).

I'm sure they have NO issues with an empty holster.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 04:56:31 PM »
I think we are doing a GREAT job over thinking it.....

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=61&sctn=6&subsctn=0

6108 (B)(11)             

(11)  Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle,
which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license
for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the
United States or any other state.

PA is also an OC state EXCPT for Philly and possibly Pitt (without a LTCF).
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 09:02:27 PM »
I asked about carrying on this forum when I went to Lancaster and got pretty much the same replies.
 I ended up taking my handgun with me and locked it in my car safe while getting my permit. No problems except taking 896 home and driving through MD for 15 seconds.  :o
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2015, 02:02:37 AM »
On 896 southbound turn left just before state line and avoid MD on Chambers Rock Road.  Also need Pa LTCF for open carry only in " cities of the first class". Which is only Philadelphia   You are fine in Pittsburg

Agree with Radnor.  Too much overthinking this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:27:50 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 02:15:43 AM »
I left mine home.  Certainly couldn't carry it on my way there cuz didn't have the permit yet.  And you can't carry into the courthouse (where the sheriff's office is).   Plus, the route I took brought me through Maryland.  Can't carry there even with DE and PA permits.  Just my opinion.

I am taking a little longer route that will not take me into maryland.  First to the sheriff then to the green dragon then to finish up the day at shady maple
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
Made that trip today to Lancaster took all of 10 minutes they were some really nice people.  The old fella behind the counter was cracking jokes.  Here is what I learned from the sheriff today as far as taking your holster in there when you first are going to apply.  Leave the holster in your car they will pester the hell out of you even though it does not have a firearm in there it will delay you getting processed as they will ask you a ton of questions at the check point.  Just best to avoid this hassle and leave everything in the car. I was also informed by the nice officer that if your firearm is stolen out of your car and a crime is commited with it you are resonsible in PA.  I found it funny that he did not know that a Person from Delaware is allowed to carry a firearm in the car but the other guy that was standing there with him did and corrected him on it.  Got away from the city pulled over and put my holster back on I learned from another fat guy how to get your holster on with  your pants on LOL.  Then off to the green dragon we went then to shady maple for dinner was a nice day out with the wife.  Also they do have safes for checking your firearm there the sheriff advised me of that for my next visit in 5 years
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:04:13 AM by 29thInfantry »
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
Great info. Glad to see someone not afraid to ask question of police at the check-in station and sheriff's office. Welcome to a fellow Non-Resident PA. Concealed Carry Permit holder in Delaware.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »
Great info. Glad to see someone not afraid to ask question of police at the check-in station and sheriff's office. Welcome to a fellow Non-Resident PA. Concealed Carry Permit holder in Delaware.

I have always been "that guy" to ask questions of people that most would not.  It is all in how you approach them and  your attitude twards them.  That officer was a bit of a douche but I always kill them with kidness.  I am a manager in a retail envorment so you learn to deal with rude and arrogant people and not offend them but get your point accross.  I can have those discussions with people and not get angry and call people names.  Being the only christian at work besides my wife we have those unconfortable conversations and never holler and scream at each other we may disagree at times but in the end we still respect what each other belives.  Wish there were more people in this world that can do this I think we could all learn from eachother. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »
The folks at Lancaster are very professional and customer friendly at the same time.  My whole life I always listed my hair color as brown.  When I handed the gentlemen my applications he said "your in denial aren't you".  So I corrected it to gray.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »
The folks at Lancaster are very professional and customer friendly at the same time.  My whole life I always listed my hair color as brown.  When I handed the gentlemen my applications he said "your in denial aren't you".  So I corrected it to gray.

There was a guy there yesterday his head was shaved bald he had some hair coming back in he was harrasing him about that it was funny.  He also was like looks like Delaware showed up today too as like 5 others walked in when I was getting my permit.  They are very friendly there it is a nice little town I love lancaster go there quite a few times during the year
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
I think I had the same guy... I told him I asked my wife if my hair was black or brown, and she said "Gray." He just said "Yup."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mbtech

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:44 AM »
When I did my permit in Lancaster, I put blonde in the box for hair color, and the nice man behind the counter corrected me and changed it to BALD.