Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 3593 times)

cphilippou

Newbie question
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »
Hey everybody, new here so pardon the post :p

I've wanted to invest in a way to protect myself for several years now and with a recent incident this past weekend in Wilmington it's finally time to pull the trigger (no pun intended) and invest in a handgun and apply for a CCDW.

Now, the question: I am currently living with my wife in our home, but we are planning on moving in the next month or two. We know the location of the place we are moving to. My current drivers license has the house we currently live in though.

When I apply for my CCDW (right about now I am applying) can/should I put the address of the place we are moving to? Will it make a difference that it does not match?

Sidenote: the place we are moving to is another property of ours that we can receive mail at currently.

del elec

• Life Member
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:46:17 PM »
Is the place you're moving to in the same county?
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
If it's in the same county (as referenced above), you could probably get away with putting the new address -- since it is your place, too.  However, you could also list your "current" address, with a note explaining the effective date of your "new" address.  You'll already be shoveling the sidewalks at the new place by the time that they contact you, but it let's them know that you were trying to make things easier for them.

Of course, you could go change your license, and make it more "official" at this time.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

cphilippou

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:19 AM »
thanks guys... sounds like Ill just put the new address on the application and call it a night...

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 02:38:28 AM »
I would match whatever is on your driver license....they know about your current address they don't know your new address....I would make a not just like what was mentioned earlier regarding your planned move..

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
Ditto Chris.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.