Author Topic: Renew PA LTCF - DO NOT GO TO DELAWARE COUNTY  (Read 7367 times)

TDice3

Renew PA LTCF - DO NOT GO TO DELAWARE COUNTY
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
Having read on this forum the new procedures to show up in person to Lancaster Co. Sheriff's and have the PA Non- Resident LTCF renewed in a matter of minutes, I called Delaware Co. and Chester Co. and asked if they renewed or issued new NRLTCF, trying to save some drive time.  Chester Co. said NO.  Delaware County was very helpful and said Yes.  Just bring your form unsigned and copy of your DE CCDW and $20 cash.  "We'll have you in and out in a few minutes"

Well...Drove to Media, PA today to the Del Co. Courthouse and provided my completed application, signed it, gave my copy of DE CCDW and sat and got my picture taken. 

After she took my picture the nice lady said...." Now in 4 to 6 weeks you'll get a letter stating that you have passed your background check and you could return to the Courthouse to pick up your permit in person...we don't mail them anymore.  Also, since your current (Centre Co.) PA NR-LTCF does not expire until 9/14/15, we'll have to wait for it to expire before processing you NEW Delaware Co. permit.....See you again sometime in Mid OCTOBER." 

I asked what the backlog is for, Lancaster Co. is issuing permits in 20-30 minutes, printed and out the door.  She said it's sheer volume.  Sometime on September 26th they'll start processing the apps from August 26th.

Thinking about it now.... I should have withdrawn my App right there and drove the extra hour up to Lancaster.

So....You can use Delaware Co. in Media, PA for your PA NR-LTCF's

BUT IT REQUIRES 2 TRIPS, 4-8 WEEKS LAG TIME FOR A BACKGROUND CHECK, AND YOUR CURRENT PERMIT MUST ALREADY BE EXPIRED!!!!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Renew PA LTCF - DO NOT GO TO DELAWARE COUNTY
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »
TDice3, you should have asked the question on this forum before going.
It's been that way for a long time. I use Delaware County because I grew up there, and I'm there all the time visiting family, friends, etc. Two trips is not an issue for me.
New Castle County

kent

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:47 PM »
Centre County is no better than Delaware County.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
Went I did mine, went to Berks Co.  They issued a new LTCF BEFORE my Centre Co expired in 20 minutes.
Long drive yes.  ONE trip!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Destice84

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
TDice3, you should have asked the question on this forum before going.
It's been that way for a long time. I use Delaware County because I grew up there, and I'm there all the time visiting family, friends, etc. Two trips is not an issue for me.

I grew up in Delaware County too, whereabouts did you live? I have family in Lancaster County, so I'm planning a trip to go there soon and get my PA LTCF.
In 1791, when the 2nd Amendment was written, every gun was "Military Style".

Sussex County resident
Springfield XD(m)9 4.5"
Custom built AR-15
NRA Member
Filed application 5-8-15
Received CCDW 8-14-15 (99 day wait)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »
Born in Chester, grew up in Aston Township.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:37:37 PM »
Like I said on another thread, Lancaster County Sheriff's Office is the place to go. I would not go any other place up there.
Easy to get the wife to go along, just tell her your going to the outlets.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 09:56:26 PM »
Sturm is right.

Just plan on going for dinner or outlet shopping in Lancaster.  Then sneak in and out with a PA carry license.  That fast if you have copies and forms ready to go.  By the way.  I cannot recommend Millers buffet.  I heard we should have gone to Shady Maple.

For the record.  The folks at the Lancaster sheriffs office are not just courteous but down right friendly.  Do it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:58:18 PM by Obleo »
Proud resident of Kent County DE

kent

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 11:53:38 AM »
Last Thursday we went to Lancaster for a ccdw renewal. There at 9:30 and out before 10:00.
Went to Shady Maple and their computer system went down along with the registers and credit cards. Possibly cut Telephone cable?. Waiting for 1 hour before they decided to take CASH. We were surprised of the number of people that left because they didn't have enough cash in pocket to pay for their meal.
Credit Card Society. ::) 
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY