Author Topic: Thoughts on this ammo?  (Read 4332 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Thoughts on this ammo?
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:11:39 AM »
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Thoughts on this ammo?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 03:12:26 AM »
Me I think it complete BS
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »
I'm sure someone on YouTube has already experimented with it at that backyard range.
However a warning to the newer folks with CCDW licenses. Stick with standard off-the-shelve defensive ammo in your carry gun. You always need to worry about what the lawyers will focus on if a shooting does occur. Avoid the specialty, maximum damage rounds. I use standard hollow points.
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »
I am totally with you on this Lum. I would also avoid Hornady Zombie rounds because a lawyer could use this against you in a civil action. Use Hornady Critical Defense and they are same as the Zombies but the name sounds better.  I would also not trust our AG's officer about using this against a person. Remember you are are in more danger after a shooting incident especially what is going on now.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »
I use Hornaday critical defense the only difference i noticed besides the rediculous  name of the Zombie ammo is a green filling in the hollowpoint vs the orange in the other.  I agree with keeping things as PC as possible.  This world is getting crazy I just read and article where Austraila is trying to ban Martial arts or any other form of boxing from anyone under the age of 18.  They are saying it is promoting violence I can tell  you I was a young man going down a bad path it was the martial arts that taught me self respect and respect for others.  Its not about what you are taught it is about how you are taught I beleive this goes for all things.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »
Me thinks it is a lot like fishing lures.  Their main design is to catch fisherman or in this case shooters.  Although, I would not want to be shot with this stuff, but thinking on it, I don't want to be shot with a .22 CB.   Now if this stuff, has the proper recoil, flash, and accuracy to allow quick accurate follow up shots, and shoots well in my firearm... why not?

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
I would pass on this ammo...you should look into liberty ammo....some of the best performing ammo i have seen....I carry it if you ever want to try some... :)

kent

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »
It looks like LEHIGH Ammo. What little I have read about Lehigh ammo has good reviews.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY