Author Topic: New permits  (Read 14852 times)

Delawarejetsfan1

• NRA Member
New permits
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »
Has anyone received their permit who filed for it at the end of April or in May in NNC? I filed for mine on April 20th and still haven't received it. Dale at the courts said there is a policy that is being reviewed and they are holding all permits until they finish reviewing their policy. Just want to see if anyone on here has received theirs and if she's just blowing smoke up my a$$ . She told me a month and a half ago my permit was done and sent off to be printed and now there is a new policy that's holding it up. I'm on a 156 days and counting wait for my permit.....
Thanks

lynch

• Life Member
Re: New permits
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:02:38 PM »
Call the Attorney General's office. I may be wrong, but any policy review should be accountable to them.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

ChrisCar

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:41:08 AM »
i filed April 21st in NCC and received it around the end of July.  Sorry i can't recall the exact date, but I know it was exactly 100 days from application to receipt.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »
I was told a 6 month wait about 5 and a half months ago hoping to see it in the mail soon.  October 12th will be my full 6 months
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

302hunter

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:20:00 AM »
I filed on May 19.  Was called by Dale on September 2nd and told that my application was approved and that it was sent off for printing.  I am still waiting to receive it.

carrmat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »
Ha, I filed back on Feb 22 and still haven't received a response.  I did get my letter from the AG's office about a month ago.  I finally got ahold of someone in the prothonotary's office via phone after leaving a couple of messages and emails and never getting a response.

Anyway, lady told me all the CCDW's have been put on hold because there was a issue/question on some of the instructors so they wanted to review.  The issue was resolved and the AG's office was supposed to be doing a final review that's scheduled to complete next week and then all the approvals or denials will be sent out at that time.  

So, 7 months later and still waiting...

(New Castle County btw)

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:24:43 PM »
That implies that some permits may be disapproved due to the instructor that was used.  That can be a can of worms!
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Five.Slow

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
I applied March 3 and received June 17 in NCC.   No delay for mine .However I took the class 6 months prior to submitting. 

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 04:15:56 PM »
Ha, I filed back on Feb 22 and still haven't received a response.  I did get my letter from the AG's office about a month ago.  I finally got ahold of someone in the prothonotary's office via phone after leaving a couple of messages and emails and never getting a response.

Anyway, lady told me all the CCDW's have been put on hold because there was a issue/question on some of the instructors so they wanted to review.  The issue was resolved and the AG's office was supposed to be doing a final review that's scheduled to complete next week and then all the approvals or denials will be sent out at that time.  

So, 7 months later and still waiting...

(New Castle County btw)

That does not totally make sense not everyone turns in their paperwork with thier certificate.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

carrmat

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »
Agreed, that's the case with mine, I haven't taken the DE course yet but I guess instead of going through the pile and pulling the ones that didn't have training attached they just held up them all.  My concern now is that if I get a denial, I'm going to be out of the country and miss the appeal deadline.  Grr. 

Delawarejetsfan1

• NRA Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »
Still being told the permits are being held up Dale told me to call her boss so I told her I would on Monday,let's see if that gets me anywhere..... 6 months and counting waiting for my permit that I was told was approved over a month and a half ago

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 01:28:36 AM »
Is there any firearms instructors here that can clarify what is goin on? 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 02:13:29 AM »
I've not been contacted or questioned in my training.

I do know of one a while ago (several years) said to a student, "take this and shoot it 100 times and bring it back to me".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:28:13 AM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 05:05:55 AM »
I guess they can do what ever they want without any explanation it is rediculous that we have to go through this much to be able to protect ourselves.  I guess only time will tell just how long they are going to drag this crap out.  It only takes one to mess it up for the rest of us.   
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 02:28:18 AM »
Tried to call and ask about the hold up but no answer........
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God