Author Topic: New to this. A little help?  (Read 2696 times)

Glock23andme

New to this. A little help?
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »
Hi I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I haven't received my CCDW or applied yet.. I have 2 misdemeanors (not convicted) and a not so good driving record. "inattentive driving, multiple speeding" should I even bother applying? I am working on getting my misdemeanors expunged. My misdemeanors were 4 years ago, 1 possession of 7 grams of marijuana and 1 paraphernalia. I completed the diversion program over 3 years ago.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: New to this. A little help?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »
You may have to wait until the misdemeanors are gone before applying.
I would. It will all depend on what county you are in and what the judge thinks.
I am sure other members that are more versed in the what will cause a denial of your application will chime in soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 04:18:17 AM »
I would take a look at the laws first and foremost to make sure that you quailify with the misdemeanors.  Seems like NCC is the hardest to get a license in I am going on 5 1/2 months now and still wiating.  I do not know about the other Fire arms trainer but Dave at First State Firearms training is always happy to answer any questions.  Maybe send him an email or give him a call I can tell you giving him a call may be faster.  Here is is contact information.  https://sites.google.com/site/firststatefirearmstraining/contact-us will not hurt to call and ask and see what he says.  I highly recommend that you look at the laws this is a link to the DE court website http://courts.delaware.gov/superior/weapons.stm.  Hope this helps good luck there are a bunch of great people here that are really helpful.  Welcome to the group just in case I missed welcoming you to the group.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
Considering your record, I believe the Superior Court and Att. Gen. office would conclude you may have a problem with good judgement and making good decisions. I always say the things that happen to you in life are a result of the decisions you make or fail to make.  Owning and carrying a gun puts you in a position to have to make life and death decisions in a blink of an eye.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »
I agree with SturmRuger.   We are a May issue state and the AG and judge can and do look at issues beyond convictions.  Driving records are checked and your arrest for drugs will certainly be looked at.

My advise would be to wait and get your driving record clear and see if you can get an expungement of the drug arrest.  In Delaware an expungemnt for an arrest can be granted as I understand if it causes an injustice to the accused.  You may or may not have to show that the existence of the arrest on your record is causing you harm.  Best to see an attorney on this. 

I would not apply until these issues are resolved.

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.