Author Topic: Frightland Doesn't Like Cops  (Read 4149 times)

ThePixelated

Frightland Doesn't Like Cops
« on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:38 PM »
I'm copying this from my Facebook feed that a friend of mine posted about one of his friends that a police officer in DE (I don't know which dept.).

I have copied/pasted rather than sharing in order to protect the identity of the original poster who is in law enforcement and with whom I have mutual friends. The mindset of the named business manager is nothing short of ludicrous.

"To my law enforcement brethren: today I was asked to leave a local business because I was an armed off duty police officer carrying concealed!

I decided to take my 12 year old son to Frightland in Middletown, DE this evening (10/15/2015) around 6pm so he could have a fun time. Upon arrival, we walk through the metal detector, and as I expected, the alarm goes off. The security guard working the checkpoint was very nice, I informed him that I am a police officer and I am armed, I even showed him my credentials. He responded with “firearms are not allowed, but let me call a manager”.
Managers Jason Houghton and Debbie Hall responded to the front. I informed them that I am a police officer and that I am armed (however carrying concealed), again showing my credentials, their response was that firearms are not allowed on their grounds, regardless of the fact that I am a police officer. Ms. Hall then proceeded with “you’re not on duty and or in uniform, why do you need your firearm?” to which I responded “because I’m a cop” (this should never be a question). She then proceeded to say that I can do one of three things: I can leave my firearm with her (which I feel is absurd, as I will never relinquish my firearm to some unknown civilian), two, I can leave my firearm in my vehicle (which again is not an option as by this point, a half dozen people know that I am armed and would know if I left my firearm in my vehicle, which a vehicle even locked is not considered secured) or third, she advised that I cannot enter and I would have to leave.

She then proceeded to brag about how she has not allowed “US Marshals and FBI agents to enter because they were carrying their gun too”.
I find it amazing that in this day and age with violent attacks being so prevalent, a qualified armed police officer would not be welcome in any private business, especially while carrying concealed!!

Spread the word and let other officers know how this local establishment is treating its local law enforcement!"

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Frightland Doesn't Like Cops
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
Just say no to gun free zones.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

lems902

New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 05:45:07 PM »
I just worry now that since this has gone nationwide If there is some a hole that is going to try to get fame from this by doing something brilliant. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 01:28:52 AM »
I find it amazing that in this day and age with violent attacks being so prevalent, a qualified armed Concealed Carry Permit Holder would not be welcome in any private business, especially while carrying concealed!!

We're 'qualified' as well.

Question.. As an officer I understand you have the ability to carry when on duty. Does that automatically give you that right to conceal carry when off duty or does the officer still need a CCDW permit?

I ask because in Canada an officer is NOT permitted to carry when off duty. Don't know how it works here.

As for Frightland.. Well, guess I'll not be visiting as I had planned to this year.