Author Topic: Tulammo...off my list!  (Read 5015 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Tulammo...off my list!
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:16:41 AM »
I had 5 failures to feed today from Tulammo.  I gave the rest of the 100 rnd pack to a shooter with a Ruger P95 (that eats anything) and he had no problems.  I was shooting a Rock Island 1911 9mm that has been, until now, flawless.

The other person uses Tulammo 7.65x19 for his AK and claims to have never had a problem.  I believe him.

The rounds that wouldn't seat were about 1/8 inch shy of chambering and stuck the slide.  A complete failure to fire.  Imagine my disappointment.  But a great lesson in clearing and continuing the mission!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Tulammo...off my list!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
I know some guns "like " some ammo better that others. But have you cleaned and lubed your pistol lately. Sometimes it only takes a improperly lubricated gun to provide enough drag to cause a jam-up on ejection. I was shooting once and started having jam-ups after shooting about 50 rounds. Found out it was my pistol hadn't been cleaned and lubed properly prior to shooting. and it had been a while since I used it. I just assumed since I hadn't used it since I last cleaned it, it was ok.

WRONG!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
Good advice Sturm.  It was awhile since I lubed the gun.  Turns out that the shoot was a spur of the moment event and I didn't really prepare well at all.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Tonym

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »
I never have a problem with it in my AK. Then again its pretty much the only ammo you can get for an ak aside from expensive brass cased stuff

When i shoot their stuff through my rock island 1911 i could only get a box through before it would give me issues

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:03:11 AM »
I gave up using Tulammo and others similar as the headaches are not worth it.
I know the good stuff cost more but no issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County