Author Topic: What's a "state building"?  (Read 5157 times)

ChrisCar

What's a "state building"?
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »
So the sticky-post at the top of this topic lists "State and County Buildings" as no-carry locations.  Does anyone know the citation for this?  (I searched the forum before posting this, and I know there's a thread that's restricted to life members, but seeing as I'm not one, I'm hoping for an answer). 

I'd like to see the exact language of the statute(s) that cover this.  I cannot find it, and "state and county buildings" are not listed at handgunlaw.us. 

The reason I ask: I'm thinking of going to the John Dickson Plantation (a historic landmark).  It's not a state park, but it is state owned and it is a building.  But it's not what I would think of when I think of a "state building" (like a state office building). 

Thank you.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: What's a "state building"?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Might check the county code. Title 11, chapter 5, section 1441-1446, and all the associated house and senate bills.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 11:52:16 AM »
Not only is that a good question but many building managers don't even know who owns what.  The door guards are usually not in that loop either.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

antapd

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »
Similar but unrelated are firehouses.  From what I've gathered all though we (myself being a Kent volunteer) are state funded the actual company is it's own corporation with it's own set of bylaws etc.  So I can carry into the firehouse etc since it is not a state building.  Now it gets weird if you carry on a call and end up having to enter somewhere they are not allowed.

Are the people working there state employees?  If they are, I'd lean towards it being an actual state building.
NRA Member
Vol. Fire Co. Member
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club Member