Author Topic: New to DE and already forsee issue's  (Read 12345 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: New to DE and already forsee issue's
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »
Didn't see anyone else answer but yes.. you will need a certified Drivers Abstract from NJ. Wife and I found this out after we submitted a few years back after moving from NJ also.

FAVisceglia

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 05:27:12 AM »
I'm also struggling with finding 5 NCC references after recently moving here from NJ. I know some people from work, but they lack the intellectual capacity to understand and appreciate the importance of CCW. Saw some people mention that occasionally members of this community hold get-togethers; if something like that happens again, my girlfriend and I would very much like to participate and contribute!

And if anyone has any tips on making pro-2A friends in NCC, please do share! Given that it takes approximately 17 years for NCC to approve and issue the CCWP, I'm eager to submit my application...

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 04:41:14 AM »
Please note that the Reference Questionnaire does ask how long they have known you. Its the very first question. The Federal Investigator I talked to who was running the background checks on myself and the wife said they really want to see at least close to 1 year that most references know the applicant. If they haven't known you for sometime then how can they honestly answer the additional questions. It is also their way to ensure people moving to the state don't simply join a range or online forum and have Reference Parties.. for a lack of a better term.  ::) I'd hold off and make sure you know all your references for at the very least 6-9 months. The judge or investigator could very well deny your application otherwise.

The wife and I waited a full year after our move to Delaware before even downloading any of the forms.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
I am lucky to have some good neighbors and friends. I had 3 neighbors, and retired police officer and a fire chief that I had known for anywhere from 5 to over 20 years to use as references.  Piece of cake.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
I was lucky enough to have a couple buddies from high school that I still talk to and a few people I volunteered with at some of the Pit bull rescues that were more than happy to fill one out for me.  I have since filled out a few myself for friends. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

LostM

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 01:23:50 AM »
Sorry to bump an old one, but finally found the house, still kent cty, and we close in 2 weeks. 

We still good for a get-together? If so, anyone have a date?

I was at a local IDPA match 2 weeks ago at SJSC and one of the IDPA guys that runs it (Bill) mentioned a shoot this weekend in DE.  Ill be at the house tomorrow for a walk through, but sadly cant attend the match.

I did however just join idpa, and plan on attending South Jersey idpa qualifier on the 9th, so I have that going for me ;)

LostM

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »
well, Im all settled in finally,almost everything is in order. Photos and fingerprints on Monday. Only waiting on 1 more reference.

Im lucky I moved to a very good neighborhood and the neighbors are all very like minded.

We want to do a Bridgeville range day/BBQ anytime soon?