Author Topic: let ccw expire  (Read 5721 times)

merlin51

let ccw expire
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:08:06 AM »

Hi all
 My son let his ccw expire, called the court house and they told him to just fill out forms as if it has not expired. Has anyone done this? Will they re-new it or is he going to have to re apply for it from scratch?

Thanks merlin51.   

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: let ccw expire
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:22:12 AM »
Why the hell did your son let his CCW permit expire? Apparently it is not very important to him.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

merlin51

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:48 AM »

I don't know. Other then busy with new job that sent him to Dallas TX for School for two weeks and that's when he saw that it was going to expire before he would be back home. He had his phone set to  remind him about it and that was the day he flew out of town. No reason to be hostile about it.
                                                                                                                   Merlin51.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:34:20 AM »
It expired the end of May, I assume. Six months ago. Was it the prothonary office that told you this? I would go with their recommendation and see what happens.
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 02:51:22 AM »
Merlin, sorry but I was not trying to be hostile.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

merlin51

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 11:10:42 PM »
 He re applied as soon as he got home. He is now waiting to see what will  happen. They did cash his check. I was just wondering if any one else here has done that. I would think it should go through as they have all the info from the first time. But who knows with New Castle County Court House.
                                                                                                                  Merlin51.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »
Someone else posted about this a year or two ago. Same thing.. they forgot and it had expired on them not long ago. IIRC they were told the same thing and received the 'renewed' permit.

merlin51

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:46:14 PM »
  Just to update everyone my son was told by Dale at the court house he was getting his permit back,just re lack as it is on her desk and she needed time to put it together and mail out. That was 3 weeks ago still no permit now we know where some of the hold up is. She said she had a big bunch to complete.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Merlin51

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »
Sheeeew. That was a close call, I'll probably have a nightmare tonight!
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 11:03:26 PM »
You all got to remember, this is not only the time of the year they are processing renewals, but the rate of new applicants is at an all-time high. Also, there has been no increase of state personnel to process them. So, that in itself is making wait time longer in all counties.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 08:00:42 AM »
Great news and nice to know they offered some leniency. Bet he doesn't allow it to expire again 😜

merlin51

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 11:50:11 PM »
  Permit is now back in his hands. Now he is happy and that won't happen again he said.
                                                                                                                       merlin51.