State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

WND: "Trump: Concealed carriers have 'obligation' to pack heat"

(1/2) > >>

Paladin4CA:
“The concept of concealed carry is as much intended to deter criminal activity as it is to provide direct defense of those who have those permits,” Trump said, to Breitbart. “Not all concealed-carry permit holders ‘carry’ all the time. Thus, the deterrent value is that those who might contemplate criminal behavior will think twice when that doubt exists.”

He went on, acknowledging that “carrying a weapon is not always feasible or appropriate,” but tensions around the world demand it be considered.

“Each permit holder must make the decision to carry or not carry,” Trump said. “I will carry more often than I have in the past and I am sure other concealed permit holders will do the same. Do we have an obligation to carry? The answer is ‘yes,’ but we must do it in such a way as to raise serious doubts in the minds of those who might be considering violence in America.”

And his main point?

“Deterring violence is far better than dealing with the aftermath of an act of terror,” he said. “Less blood, more security. That is what will make America great again.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/trump-concealed-carriers-have-obligation-to-pack-heat

oldgraygeek:
I'm from Atlantic City, so my personal opinion of Trump can't be expressed in words suitable for a family-friendly forum.

However, even a stopped calendar is right once every 6 to 11 years.

Obleo:
If Clinton said these words she would float into office with no further effort.  Good thing she's not that smart.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: Obleo on November 28, 2015, 01:10:43 PM ---If Clinton said these words she would float into office with no further effort.  Good thing she's not that smart.

--- End quote ---
If Clinton had said those words, it could have been a sign that she "gets it" -- and thus maybe someone worth considering.  That being said, I shall now take my meds...

CorBon:
The only problem with his line of thinking is that America, and especially the Liberal media, absolutely loves to worship dead victims and vilify anyone willing to defend himself.  If one-hundred people stood in line to get stabbed to death, we'd be looking at a national sales tax to fund a new Mt. Rushmore style of monument for them.  If one of them had a gun and used it, we'd hear how evil this man was, because the "victim" "only had a knife" and thus was "incapable of inflicting massive carnage" like the now-jailed "attacker" did with his firearm.  The one caveat to this is that the media has warm spot for the comical actions of 80-year-old women who will use a broom to shoo-away armed attackers.  And as cute as that story would be, they'd LOVE if it she was killed, because "broom-wielding Grandma defeats armed intruder" is a story that leads into a commercial break, whereas "Grandma gunned down while baking cookies" is a lead-off story.

On a side note, I am always somewhat amazed at the people who seem to pick-and-choose when they need to carry a firearm.  "Well, I'm need to run out and get coffee, but I have a bad feeling about today, so I need to take a hand cannon with me" -- compared to ANY OTHER DAY OF THE WEEK?  Maybe those folks don't read the paper...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version