Author Topic: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself  (Read 8221 times)

The Sphinx

Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
You definitely want to report the address change to any state you have a weapons permit in but it will still be valid. BTW welcome from Seaford.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 03:55:13 AM »
Welcome! We moved here from NJ about 5 years ago and waited about a year or so before sending in our applications.. wife and I. In the meantime we got to know our neighbors, learn the area, where everything was and pretty much getting settled. When I started to ask for references I was honestly surprised and how open people were to it even though none of them carried themselves. We actually wound up with a dozen or so people willing to sign for us.

Make sure you order a complete detailed NJ DMV Drivers Extract and include it with your application. No, its not listed as a state requirement however the Federal Investigator running our background checks contacted us and said they required it for all new residents. IIRC it was all new DE residents of 5 years of less they are requesting it from. There are two, a basic for employers and then a more detailed one. The Federal Investigator running our background checks required the detailed extract. It added an additional few weeks to our wait.

It's a good idea to take your CCDW course beforehand and submit the certificate with the application to speed things up. Lots of people here have taken the First State Firearms Training class in Bear. Its a great 1 day, decently priced class instructed by David and Jeff (father and son). Wife and I took their class and found it fun, informative and well taught. She had only fired a handgun once before and they were great with both in class and at the range. They used the state run range Ommelanden for the course and then the class portion at their home.

Crony

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
Hello...I'm a new member and in the process of applying for a carry permit. I have a question, about the reference requirement. Is it acceptable to have neighbors at the same address (not related to me). For example, husband and wife neighbor that would each be a reference. Or can you have only one reference per address? Thanks in advance for any info.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
Crony, they can both be references.
New Castle County