Author Topic: ABC Poll bad news for anti gunners  (Read 3273 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
ABC Poll bad news for anti gunners
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:45:22 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/now-oppose-assault-weapons-ban-doubts-stopping-lone/story?id=35778846

The ABC poll shows young people are the least likely to want a so called assault weapons ban and also most likely age group to see more carrying of guns to be a deterrent to terrorism.

Kind of surprised ABC would even release this.  I'm sure the Brady bunch are not happy.

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: ABC Poll bad news for anti gunners
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:30:45 AM »
Must be a blow to their egos.

Interesting to note that the spread was:

Democrat - 33%
Republican - 23%
Independent - 34%

Kind of gives the Dems an advantage and should (but didn't) skew the results towards the Dems.  I wonder what the spread would have been if the numbers were closer to equal.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
I am beginning to detect a change in terminology. Just as the term "global" warming was seen as a fraud they changed the name to "climate change." Now people are starting to realize the term "assault weapon" is also a fraud so the media is starting to use the term "military grade." Another fraudulent term but they will get some use out of it before the sheeple catch on.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »
Ya know Hawkeye.  I think all the firearm retailers should call every weapon "military grade".  Just like everything is now "tactical".
(I now have a pair of tactical socks.) The overuse might just trip up the MSM and their despicable agenda.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »
I'd someone does pick up the info, they'll qualify it by repeating that "if even ONE if saved, then bans/confiscation/pipe-dreams are worth it.

The problem with beliefs such as those shown in the poll is getting the horsepower from the engine to the pavement. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »
Ya know Hawkeye.  I think all the firearm retailers should call every weapon "military grade".  Just like everything is now "tactical".
(I now have a pair of tactical socks.) The overuse might just trip up the MSM and their despicable agenda.
When my boy got back from driving the tank to Baghdad in 2003, I took him to the range and handed him my Saiga-12, telling him "This is a military-grade weapon... you should have had it with you over there."
He looked at it kind of dismissively, having fought against many Kalashnikovs (and even used a few in battle, when their 5.56mm ammo ran out), and said, "It wouldn't fit in the driver's hole."

Then, he emptied a few magazines...
"OK, I'll cut the barrel down a few inches, and chop the stock, and give up food... and I'll make it fit."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon