State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Virginia will not honor Delaware CCDW

<< < (3/3)

seniorgeek:
It looks like Virginia will pass the bill and are carry privileges will be restored.

Adrenolin:
And yet concessions were given.. so while its a win its also a loss.

If a VA resident has their permit revoked I'm fine with them not being permitted to use an out of state permit. Their VA permit was most likely revoked for a reason. However, I don't agree with the State Police having to attend gun shows to run background checks. There are tones of FFLs available at those shows to do this. Its nothing but political BS and a waste of State Police time, money & resources. Additionally, domestic violence and having a restraining order placed on someone shouldn't force that someone to relinquish their carry rights. Most restraining orders are put into place way to easily and domestic violence as a reason is often one sided and most judges simply sign off on it.

I know a guy whose ex-wife threw 1/2 the kitchen, including a full butchers block of knives, at him then slapped him repeatedly when he advanced to stop her and protect himself. He had over a dozen lacerations which required stitches. The extent of his actions was to get close and bear hug her until she calmed down. When she did and he let go she stormed off screaming to the bedroom, locking herself in and called 911 on him. She had bruises down both sides of her body from where he had to hold her arms in against her and thus he was charged with domestic violence! This is an individual I've known for over 30 years and he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version