Author Topic: New member in Kent County  (Read 5042 times)

m_morrison14

New member in Kent County
« on: January 01, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »
Hello everyone, glad to become a member to this site. I am in the military and have been here in Delaware for 3 years. Don't know why I have waited so long but have finally decided to to get my CCW. I have not submitted my application yet but will be submitting it hopefully the beginning of February after my class is complete.

I am looking to post the newspaper ad next week and was wondering which is the best option for Dover since the News Journal charges like $75. I have all the references lined up and will finalize them this week. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

joep19934

• Life Member
Re: New member in Kent County
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »
Welcome aboard.
I posted to the Guide.
It was very easy and a lot less money.
http://www.theguide.com/index.cfm?ref=26100

Oh and Thank you for your Service !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

8thFA

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 08:50:27 PM »
Hello everyone, glad to become a member to this site.

Welcome, I just recently joined myself, and I've gotten a lot of help already.  I just submitted my app last week, good luck with yours.  You could just submit your app without the class to get the ball rolling, though I've heard th up here in NCC sometimes they forget to call you when they approve you (without taking the class) to tell you your approved and need to take the class.

US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

m_morrison14

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:58:07 PM »
Welcome aboard.
I posted to the Guide.
It was very easy and a lot less money.
http://www.theguide.com/index.cfm?ref=26100

Oh and Thank you for your Service !

Thanks JoeP, I will give them a call on Monday. I appreciate the recommendation.

m_morrison14

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
Hello everyone, glad to become a member to this site.

Welcome, I just recently joined myself, and I've gotten a lot of help already.  I just submitted my app last week, good luck with yours.  You could just submit your app without the class to get the ball rolling, though I've heard th up here in NCC sometimes they forget to call you when they approve you (without taking the class) to tell you your approved and need to take the class.

Thanks 8thFA, I am just starting the process so I still have to do the background check and run an ad. My class is on Jan 31 so I figured I would just wait to turn in the application so I can get it all in at once.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:43:19 PM »
You can run the ad now and get your references.  You must wait 10 days after the ad to submit the paperwork.

I would wait until I am ready with the paperwork for the finger prints.  After finger printing, you have 45 days
to turn in the app or you will have to do that again.  (I think the State thinks your prints change after that time)

Your app does not need the certificate filed with it, but I think it speeds up the process.  If the certificate is not
filed with the paperwork you will receive a letter from the courts you have 90 days from the date of the letter
to turn in the certificate or you will be automatically denied.

If you need a class, let me know.  Ours covers DE & AZ.  Have one monthly in NCC.

Any other question, please feel free to ask.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 05:50:57 AM »
Welcome and thank you for your service. At 45 its one of the few things I regret not doing was serving when I was younger. At the time I didn't think I'd be ok with the whole "yes sir no sir thing" but as I got older I believe I'd have enjoyed it.

Agree with Radnor with the time frame.

Again, welcome and enjoy the wait :)

m_morrison14

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 01:39:01 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I talked to Dover Post today and dropped off my info for publishing along with $30, much better than the approx. $75 for the News Journal. Everything is on track and I should be submitting my application the first week of February. Thanks again.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 05:15:26 AM »
Welcome to the group now the hard part begins..... the wait.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »
Welcome, and thank you for your service.
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »
A belated welcome to this site. You have already found out that the members of this site are the best. I would also like to thank you for your service. The political atmosphere has changed in DE and that is not good. There are still a lot of good folks here and again welcome. All the best to you and Good Luck.   Later,
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE