Author Topic: Holster recommendations for a xdm 3.8 compact  (Read 16056 times)

8thFA

Re: Holster recommendations for a xdm 3.8 compact
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 11:15:30 PM »
These guys have taken very good care of me.  Their holsters are very comfortable http://stealthgearusa.com/ They are more expensive than most but the quality is awesome.

29th ID.

First day out carrying, using the stealthgear Onyx your recommended, (ordered it the week after I applied) and you were spot on.  Driving, walking, eating at a restaraunt, all very comfortable.

Thanks again.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Landmgr

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 01:31:25 AM »
These guys have taken very good care of me.  Their holsters are very comfortable http://stealthgearusa.com/ They are more expensive than most but the quality is awesome.

29th ID.

First day out carrying, using the stealthgear Onyx your recommended, (ordered it the week after I applied) and you were spot on.  Driving, walking, eating at a restaraunt, all very comfortable.

Thanks again.

You made the right choice!  Love mine.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 01:41:42 AM »
These guys have taken very good care of me.  Their holsters are very comfortable http://stealthgearusa.com/ They are more expensive than most but the quality is awesome.

29th ID.

First day out carrying, using the stealthgear Onyx your recommended, (ordered it the week after I applied) and you were spot on.  Driving, walking, eating at a restaraunt, all very comfortable.

Thanks again.

Glad I could help I have tried a lot of other holsters out there and this was the best option for me.  They are super comfortable in the heat or cold.  I did not like how the leather ones felt and not to mention there is no break in time with the Stealthgear holsters either. There should never be a cheap holster purchased ever it should be built specifically for your fire arm. I just put up a post where some poor guy decided to try a cheap one size fits all and he found himself with a hole in his butt cheek because the holster let something into the trigger and it fired while he was getting into his car.  That is a very painful lesson learned
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:45:27 AM by 29thInfantry »
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

8thFA

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 02:00:17 AM »
Just curious, I have a XDM so I have 13 + 1, do you guys carry an extra mag?  I was looking at IWB mag pouches on the stealthgear website, but thats more weight and girth on the waist, no sure if I want to go that route.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 02:38:27 AM »
Just curious, I have a XDM so I have 13 + 1, do you guys carry an extra mag?  I was looking at IWB mag pouches on the stealthgear website, but thats more weight and girth on the waist, no sure if I want to go that route.
Consider an OWB mag pouch that looks like an old phone pouch, e.g., Uncle Mike's.   Should weigh less than 10 ounces. Not much weight for the peace of mind.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 01:49:07 PM »
Agree with the Comp-Tac. I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur for my XDs 3.3 (apples to oranges, I know), and like it a lot. I can swap out one piece and have it set up for my Sig P226 in minutes.  Another option is to stop over and see Chris at Federal Firearms. Sit on the couch (if there's room) and have a chat about holsters.
Cheers!
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 10:49:56 PM »
I always deal with theholsterstore.com for my holsters. Most places have a few styles, but the usually have anywhere from 5 to 15 holsters for a gun. Just look up your gun and click on and they will display all of their holsters for your gun. They have holsters for the gals too. They are made of US materials right there in Florida and ship fast. My last holster was here in 4 days. Prices are reasonable. They even have a holster that looks like a Crossbreed, but is a little cheaper. You might want to check out their site.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun