Author Topic: New to DE New Castle County  (Read 21727 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: New to DE New Castle County
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 12:13:46 AM »
I was saying I wonder how long till DE sends me my permit since the judge us signed off on everything. Then I was saying how long does it take to get the PA one.
(a) a couple of weeks... you should probably set up camp at the mailbox.
(b) less than half an hour... don't spend too much in the parking meter, they don't give refunds.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
And just to help out those who have not gone up to Lancaster yet, be sure to:

1. make a copy of both sides of your delaware permit ( I added a copy of my DL on the same sheet) to hand in with your application and instructions sheet.

2. fill out application ahead of time but wait to sign it in front of the clerk.

3. on the instructions sheet(item 3) just print in the town/state where you live where it asks for current police agency.

4. on instructions sheet (item 4) check NO where it asks if you have previously applied. Check YES for New Application.

5. on instructions sheet (item 6) just write in the town or city and the state where you were born.

6. at the very bottom remember to sign AND print your name in the appropriate spaces.

7. keep your drivers license handy because the clerk taking your picture will ask for it.

The whole process takes place in the same room and there are about 10 seats.

[reposted from previous thread]
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Andrew1986

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »
Bought a Glock 43 from Chris at Federal Firearms I highly recommend him to everyone. I'm definitely a customer for life. He was very nice and professional. Also great prices on guns and ammo.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 07:32:50 PM »
Emailed Dale Broome to see if my permits has been mailed to me yet. Wondering if I'll get an answer....
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 09:12:25 PM »
Emailed Dale Broome to see if my permits has been mailed to me yet. Wondering if I'll get an answer....

Honestly emails and phone calls will not make the process go any faster or smoother for that matter.  Be patient like the rest of us have been it will come I am sorry but I think it is ridiculous that emails and phone calls are made to these people.  There are already hundreds of applications that they need to process this only takes them away from getting the job done. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 10:54:12 PM »
One problem you are fighting is that most if not all the Government agencies in NC are loaded with Liberal Progressives. They don't want people to have guns or permits anyway, so there is no way they are in any hurry. Same goes for most of Delaware. That goes from the Governor, Legislature, right on down.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Andrew1986

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 01:38:47 AM »
Considering a judge has signed everything and she called me telling me to go ahead and do my gun class now and I dropped it off a week ago I don't see anything wrong with calling or emailing her. She also says in her voicemail to feel free to email her if it is a CCW question.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
Talked to Dale Broome today my permit was mailed today 8/3/16 thank god

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Sinker

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »
Talked to Dale Broome today my permit was mailed today 8/3/16 thank god

Congratulations!  Mrs Sinker filed in February as well, so hopefully we'll hear something soon too.

Andrew1986

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 01:53:49 AM »
Still didn't get here which I think is kind of crazy considering I live like a 15 min drive from the courthouse. So hoping for tomorrow then it's off to PA to get my non resident CCW.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 05:47:10 PM »
I'm in a forever state of wait still nothing in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow. 😕 I wish they let you pick it up.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Grettski

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
It'll be worth the wait. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Lol. Waiting about 4 months so far in Kent. Hope you have it tomorrow!
USAF Retired

Andrew1986

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »
Still waiting really don't understand how I still don't have it when it was mailed 8/3/16.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Grettski

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 01:27:26 AM »
5 days for local mail? Huh...I could get mail in Kuwait in that time.
USAF Retired

Andrew1986

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »
Yeah I agree makes no sense. I called Dale Broome because I talked to her last week when she said it was mailed 8/3 she told me it could take a week or a week and a half. "are you serious?"

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder