State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation

(1/53) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
Currently there are 3 bills before the US House of Representatives, and 1 before the US Senate, to establish a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity covering legal carry od guns nation wide, The basis is this. If you have a concealed carry permit issued by your home state it would be good in all states that require a concealed carry permit. If a state has a concealed carry permit law, they must recognize your out of state permit. That would mean that states like MD, PA, Etc. would have to let DE. permit holders carry in their state. If a state does not allow a conceal carry in their state, they would not be forced to let people carry. Then there are some states that allow concealed carry without a permit.
This would not change the responsibility of the carrier in these states. You would be responsible for knowing and following the specific laws of that state you were in.

The following are the bills I speak of:

SB. 498

HR. 402

HR. 923

HR. 986

All bills and their Co-Sponsors are available on-line.

29thInfantry:
That would be nice it would eliminate having to get multiple permits to carry around.  Sounds like this would defeat the VA non recip that goes into effect next month.  Hopefully it does not get swept under the rug.  Good to see you around Strum!!!

seniorgeek:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on January 13, 2016, 11:51:26 PM ---Currently there are 3 bills before the US House of Representatives, and 1 before the US Senate, to establish a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity covering legal carry od guns nation wide, The basis is this. If you have a concealed carry permit issued by your home state it would be good in all states that require a concealed carry permit. If a state has a concealed carry permit law, they must recognize your out of state permit. That would mean that states like MD, PA, Etc. would have to let DE. permit holders carry in their state. If a state does not allow a conceal carry in their state, they would not be forced to let people carry. Then there are some states that allow concealed carry without a permit.
This would not change the responsibility of the carrier in these states. You would be responsible for knowing and following the specific laws of that state you were in.

The following are the bills I speak of:

SB. 498

HR. 402

HR. 923

HR. 986

All bills and their Co-Sponsors are available on-line.

--- End quote ---

I have sent a letter to both senators and Carney to support these bills, but I don't expect them to do so as they will follow the liberal agenda.

Radnor:
Sad, but not worth the stamp you put on the envelope.  They will do as THEY please.

SturmRugerSR9:
Rep. Steve King (R-IA-4) has signed on to 2 National Reciprocity bill before Congress. HR. 923 (48 co-sponsors) and HR. 986  (197 co-sponsors)

Bet you'll never see a Delaware Democrat on any such bill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version