Author Topic: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation  (Read 116544 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
Week 45 that House Speaker Paul Ryan (R) Wisconsin has kept HR38, The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 off the floor for discussion and vote.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/17/paul-ryan-ignoring-national-reciprocity-45th-consecutive-week/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »
And this just in.... Rep. Curtis (R) of Utah just signed on as the 213th co-sponsor of HR 38. Hell, it only takes 218 votes to assure passage in the House. Surely you don't think 213 would be co-sponsors and then not vote for it. And I'm pretty sure there are 5 more votes there somewhere.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/cosponsors?pageSort=lastToFirst

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »
It's pretty obvious that this is not going anywhere.  It of course would pass the House if Ryan were to bring it up, but would crash and burn in the Senate.  Sure hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:42:13 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Trapper

« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2017, 12:59:44 AM »
It's pretty obvious that this is not going anywhere.  It of course would pass the House if Ryan were to bring it up, but would crash and burn in the Senate.  Sure hope I'm wrong.

I agree, it isn’t going anywhere.  I’ve never trusted Paul Ryan and I’m glad I haven’t trusted him. He is just a typical politician out for himself.

We The People, need to take back the country.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:01:41 AM by Trapper »
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
This may or may not be true. But, you can be assured it will not die. It will be reintroduced in the next House and Senate session, until it is passed.
NEVER GIVE UP!

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
We gave the Repubs the power in Congress but they have turned their gutless backs on us. These are the establishment turds and never Trumpers. I myself will never give another cent to the GOP either in DE or national. IMHO they are as useless as tits on a bull. I am sure the last sentence will be adjusted by the deccw PC police. I have a good mind to go to G'town and change my vote status to Independent.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
We gave the Repubs the power in Congress but they have turned their gutless backs on us. These are the establishment turds and never Trumpers. I myself will never give another cent to the GOP either in DE or national. IMHO they are as useless as tits on a bull. I am sure the last sentence will be adjusted by the deccw PC police. I have a good mind to go to G'town and change my vote status to Independent.

Tell us how you really feel. ;D
I have been a registered Independent all my life as I vote for the person  not the party. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »
You are aware that in Delaware, if you are an Independent, you don't get to pick  the candidate in either the Republican or Democrat Parties. You end up with the candidate they give you. This may be a candidate you can't support or someone the Party thinks is entitled to be representing the Party. Such as Hillary Clinton for the Democrats, or another Bush for the Republicans. Both bad choices.
Of course I realize in Delaware, Democrats are always a bad choice.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
You are aware that in Delaware, if you are an Independent, you don't get to pick  the candidate in either the Republican or Democrat Parties. You end up with the candidate they give you. This may be a candidate you can't support or someone the Party thinks is entitled to be representing the Party. Such as Hillary Clinton for the Democrats, or another Bush for the Republicans. Both bad choices.
Of course I realize in Delaware, Democrats are always a bad choice.

You can change your affiliation before the primaries if you wish to vote in them. As far as the Republican Party in Delaware, it seems fairly weak. In some cases they don't eve have a candidate running against the Democrats. people just don't seem interested.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

Did you really believe they were going to rush right in and put this thing to a vote?

Paladin4CA

« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2017, 06:29:15 AM »
House panel to weigh bill expanding gun rights

House Republicans moved forward on legislation to expand gun owners’ rights, the first gun-related measure since mass shootings in Las Vegas and Texas killed more than 80 people.

The Judiciary Committee is scheduled to vote Wednesday on a National Rifle Association-supported bill that would allow a gun owner with a state-issued concealed carry permit to carry a handgun in any state that allows concealed weapons.

The reciprocity measure would allow gun owners to travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state laws or “onerous” civil suits, said Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., the bill’s sponsor.
More at:
http://wate.com/2017/11/27/house-panel-to-weigh-bill-expanding-gun-rights/amp/

While I doubt it will pass the Senate, by forcing a vote over there it will smoke out antis and RINOs so that the NRA ("I'm the NRA!"), can replace them at the next November elections. "Lather. Rinse. Repeat" until we WIN!!!  ;D

For me, in CA, the way this bill is written is critical. Since I live in a county that won't issue me a CA CCW (because of insufficient "Good Cause"), I'll be able to use my non-resident FL CCW to carry in ALL 50 states (plus D.C.), so that includes CA too! This will be the same for those American citizens caught behind enemy lines in the other 7 remaining May Issue states. As John Lennon so famously said, "Imagine" HI (which now has, IIRC, 2 CCWs issued for the entire state), CA, MD, NJ, NY/NYC, DC, MA/Boston, etc FLOODED with CCWers, both instate and from out-of-state! (vacationers, business trips, family visits, etc)

IIRC, those 8 states have ~27% of the US population. Once they can readily get CCWs, we'll have MILLIONS of more CCWers, but, even more important, they'll be in the hardcore anti strongholds!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:39:34 AM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
Even though Delaware is a "May Issue" state, I don't know or many cases where an applicant was turned down, unless they had a criminal/mental/violence background record. Then of course it is not the State that is to blame but the applicant themselves.

Any comments?

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2017, 02:29:15 PM »
As of now, all 210 Republicans have signed on as Co-Sponsors of HR 38, add to that 3 Democrats, totaling 213. When(and if) the bill comes up to the floor for a vote, it will need 5 more votes to make 218, which is required for a bill to pass. There are 435 member of the House. Of the 5 needed, Rep. Paul Ryan would vote to break a tie vote.
The Democrats signed on are Rep. Harry Cuellar of Texas, Rep. Coliin Peterson of Minn., and Rep. Sanford Bishop of Ga.

Other Democrats rated "C" or above by the NRA but not yet signed on are: Rep. Ron King of Wisc, Rep. Gene Green of Tex., Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, Rep. John Barrow of Ga. (rated "A").
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:34:28 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

563jack

« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »
I read on Bearing Arms that 2 Gun bills are coming out of committee. National Reciprocity and update to the federal background check system. I don't think we'll see anything this year but next year could be a whole different story. We need to hammer our reps in Wash until they get tiered of hearing from us.

Maybe if we organize a march on Dover or something like that to get their attention maybe we can convince them to do something "FOR US"

I think its time to raise hell boys.

topper

« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2017, 10:09:42 PM »
I read on Bearing Arms that 2 Gun bills are coming out of committee. National Reciprocity and update to the federal background check system. I don't think we'll see anything this year but next year could be a whole different story. We need to hammer our reps in Wash until they get tiered of hearing from us.

Maybe if we organize a march on Dover or something like that to get their attention maybe we can convince them to do something "FOR US"

I think its time to raise hell boys.

Just say when and where.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW