Author Topic: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation  (Read 116546 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2016, 11:51:03 PM »
What defensive measures will states like NJ, MD, and IL employ to limit the in-state areas where out-of-state permit holders can carry?  Will they make so difficult with patchwork laws that we won't want to enter those states while carrying?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »
As I understand it, states that have a Concealed Carry Permit, however scarcely it is issued, would have to honor other states permits. Just like driver's license. Only states with no C/C permits would be exempt. How ever, when in a state other than your home state, you would have to abide by their laws and regulations. This will put a big responsibility on the C/C Permit holder to educate themselves on the laws of the state they enter or travel through. The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is not a Federal Permit, not does it change or standardize the laws of other states.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »
This brings us back to my post earlier in this thread. How would they choose to handle violations in each state? Violating another state's administrative rule for carrying firearms should be treated as traffic violations and not a felony, unless of course you actually used the firearm to commit a crime. Another action I would like to see is having the permit annotated on your driver's license like an endorsement for motorcycles.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 07:01:04 PM »
Some states have a law that you must inform an officer if you are carrying and some you don't (like Delaware). It would be up to the gun carrier to know the laws. I would not be for a annotation as you suggested because in some states the officer does not have a right to no you are carrying. This is not part of the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2016 as read in to Congress.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
May  be you should go back and re-read the bill. There is nothing in the bill that changes a states current laws. No state has a  "annotation of C/C on their driver's license, that I ever heard of.  Lets' just work on getting a "nationwide carry law" before we start trying to change it and tweek it.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2016, 05:40:07 PM »
Absolutely against it being patched onto a drivers license. They are two entirely separate things and should remain as much.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2016, 10:29:51 PM »
Absolutely against it being patched onto a drivers license. They are two entirely separate things and should remain as much.

I'm with you on that.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

I'm with you on that.

I also agree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

topper

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »

I'm with you on that.

I also agree.

I don't have an opinion on this yet, but why do you feel the CCW and Drivers License should remain seperate?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »
Not for having CC permit annotated on driver's license because there is no reason to announce to the world you are CONCEALED carrying.
if that is on you license, every time you show you license to anyone, for any reason, they will see you are probably carrying. It is not the business of everyone.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

topper

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
Not for having CC permit annotated on driver's license because there is no reason to announce to the world you are CONCEALED carrying.
if that is on you license, every time you show you license to anyone, for any reason, they will see you are probably carrying. It is not the business of everyone.

Good point. Thank you!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2016, 11:14:16 AM »

Exactly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Model10Todd

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
I would like states such as NJ, CA, MD, etc. change from within.  National legislation is great when we agree with it, but horrible when we don't.  I do see the argument that these liberal states are not allowing our constitutional rights and that needs to be addressed at the federal level.  If I read MD's CC law correctly, even if I do posses a MD CCW permit, I can not travel on an interstate with the gun. ??  If this is the case, how does National R help me if I'm traveling through MD but have to obey MD local law?  Hopefully we do get the National R passed and the local governments also head in the right direction.. but I tend to not be optimistic about most of those states.  MD will have bills come forward that only get tabled and end up being a carrot on a stick.  Some of those officials here in DE that are getting elected aren't helping my concerns either, such as hard line leftist Carney.
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »
I spent my entire life in the Peoples Republik of NJ including 30yrs in law enforcement. the PRNJ will never give an inch for gun rights because they just do not care. This is a state that made it harder for retired LEO's to have the ability to carry concealed. This is one of reasons I moved out of that cesspool 4 months after I retired. The libs are in complete control in the PRNJ just like they are in DE.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »
President-Elect Donald Trump has released his plans for the Second Amendment.

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-plan-2nd-amendment/

It includes National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3