Author Topic: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation  (Read 116550 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »
Some questions and answers regarding HR 38 The National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-2018:

http://gunowners.org/images/pdf/Concealed-Carry-Reciprocity-Act-of-2017-QA.pdf
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
Sen. John Cornyn's Senate Bill 446, the Senate version of HR 38 National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 has moved to the Senate Judiciary Committee with 37 Co-Sponsors:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/446?loclr=cga-bill

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
HR 38 adds Rep. Daniel Webster, (R) Florida's 10 district to make 206 co-sponsors.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/cosponsors?pageSort=lastToFirst

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
Looking better.  When I can legally carry at 42nd and Broadway in Manhatten I'll be happy. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:03:38 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2017, 09:16:11 PM »
On a related issue, DC's "Good Reason" requirement for a carry permit was invalidated today by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.

The following is a link to the decision:
https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents/public/36-wrenngracedecision/file

"We vacate both orders below and remand with instructions
to enter permanent injunctions against enforcement of the
District’s good-reason law."

The judge who issued the opinion is an excellent writer, very clear with little legalese.
He deserves to be the next one nominated for SCOTUS.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
Rep. Karen Handel (R-GA-6) becomes the number 208 co-sponsor of HR 38.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/cosponsors?pageSort=lastToFirst

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
The links at the bottom did not come over from the email.  You'll have to google the title to get the link.  Sorry.

Dear Radnor:
This week, our research was discussed on ABC's “The View”, Fox News' “The Five”, and “Fox & Friends”.  The Washington Post and Foxnews.com have run news stories on our research.  The Chicago Tribune published our op-ed on how Democrats pass laws making gun ownership too expensive for poor people. Other op-eds appeared at The Hill and Fox News.  We also appeared on Fox Business and on Turkish Worldwide Television.  See the links below
As if all that weren’t enough, our crimeresearch.org website now exceeds NRA.org and Bloomberg's Everytown.org in web traffic.  While the CPRC’s website ranks at 16,542, the NRA’s is 20,279 and Everytown’s isn’t even close at 73,973.  Pretty amazing.
In mid-September, the US House Judiciary Committee will hold hearings on a concealed handgun reciprocity bill which will make concealed carry permits valid across state lines (like driver’s licenses).  Most states already accept out-of-state concealed handgun permits, but eight heavily Democratic states do not.  If reciprocity becomes law, people in those states will quickly learn how unjustified their fears of permit holders are.
While the House of Representatives seems destined to pass reciprocity, two or three Democratic Senators will need to be swayed if we are to overcome the promised Democratic filibuster.
I need your help.  We need to raise money for public relations so that we can keep educating others.  And we still need to do some more research.
— Gun control organizations are using new research by John Donohue, a Stanford law professor, to claim that right-to-carry laws increase the number of aggravated assaults (and thus violent crime in general).  The debate up to this point has been over complex statistical issues, but there is also a simple way of responding to the claim in one or two simple sentences.   Donohue’s assumption is that permit holders are committing these crimes, but we are looking at the actual data on aggravated assaults by permit holders in each state.  I have already collected this data for some states, but we need it for the others so that we can assuage the fears of concerned voters and politicians. 
The other claim is that guns are being stolen from permit holders’ cars and then used to commit crimes.  Donohue's supposed anecdotes were in fact simply made up, but I would like to have some solid data on this issue.  We have just begun collecting data. 
— The Violence Policy Center has claimed that 230 permit holders have been convicted of murder in the past 10 years.  From the New York Times to the Wall Street Journal, the media keeps using the VPC reports.  But some of those 230 cases didn’t even involve permit holders.  And I have shown that in a few states, the VPC double, triple, or even quadruple-counted certain cases.  Furthermore, news stories aren't always reliable.  To come up with a more accurate number, the VPC would need to do FOIA requests and contact defense attorneys.
I have an idea for research that I think will make a real difference in the reciprocity debate. However, I don't want to publicly reveal this yet.
My best guess is that I could accomplish all of this for about $30,000. At this late date, some of the research won’t be completed until the Senate has already started to take up the reciprocity issue.   However, whatever funding we get will determine how much of this we get done before debate really begins.  With a Republican House and Senate, as well as a President who strongly supports this legislation, we have a unique chance to quickly do some really useful research.
For information on activities at the Crime Prevention Research Center, here is a link to our “info deck.”  Please view in full-screen mode and scroll using the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Links
Op-eds

New in the Chicago Tribune: How Democrats keep guns in the hands of the rich

In The Hill newspaper: Will D.C. court’s decision on concealed guns be the tipping point?

At Fox News: Trump needs a chairman for his Council of Economic Advisers. When will Democrats let him be confirmed?

Radio and TV Interviews

On KPFT-FM Left-wing Pacifica Radio in Houston to discuss our new report on concealed handgun permits

On Radio America to discuss our new research on concealed handgun permits

TV Debate: Should drug addicts who keep failing to pay child support get prison sentences reduced if they have birth control?

On Fox Business to talk about tax cuts and the impact that they will have on investment in the US

On the John Gibson Show to talk about our new concealed handgun report and Chicago gang violence

On WMAL to discuss the court decision striking down DC's strict concealed handgun law

On the Gavin McInnes Show: the Canadian man who gets arrested for taking gun from criminal and defending himself

On North Carolina's Big Coastal Daybreak to discuss our new Concealed Carry Study

On the Joyce Kaufman show to discuss our new study on concealed handgun permits

On the Steve Gruber Show to discuss Democrats delaying Kevin Hassett's confirmation vote to chair the Council of Economic Advisers

Mentions of the CPRC in the Media

Crime Prevention Research Center's work mentioned on ABC's The View

Greg Gutfeld notes CRPC research on Fox: Mentions how gun control laws prevent the poor from defending themselves

Fox & Friends mentions our new research on concealed handgun permits

Research

"Gun seizures at U.S. airports on record-setting pace," but 97% of the change explained by increase in permits, our research mentioned in Washington Post

Fears of permitted concealed handguns prove unfounded: A very quiet first year at public universities in Texas

Other News

More news coverage of CPRC report on Concealed Handgun Permits: Fox News, Colorado Politics, Houston Press, CNS News, Breitbart, and many others

Seven Defensive Gun Uses by Civilians who were legally carrying guns in Public Places
John R. Lott, Jr.
President
Crime Prevention Research Center
http://crimeresearch.org
johnrlott@crimeresearch.org
(484) 802-5373
safe
donate
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
In a significant portent of progress, the House Judiciary Chairman, Bob Goodlatte is the latest cosponsor of HR 38. HR 38 is currently in the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:53:52 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
Couldn't have a better or more important man to sign on to HR 38.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2017, 02:37:48 AM »
The NRA-ILA is reporting 212 co-sponsors for H.R. 38 and asking for support to get this one finished.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170915/national-reciprocity-bill-nears-goal-line-in-the-house-but-needs-your-support-to-reach-the-end-zone

NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »
Here is a list of the 212 co-sponsors of HR 38, newest to oldest:

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Here is an article saying the reason the bill has not moved is Speaker Ryan.  It includes Ryan's phone number so we can call and, politely, ask that he move on this bill, HR38, and have a floor vote by the full House membership.

http://americangunnews.com/why-is-gop-leadership-blocking-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »
Also, on the Senate side, Sen Bill Cassidy (R-LA) signed on as a ci-sponsor of S 446, the Senate version of The National Consealed Carry reciprocity Act of 2017. He is the 38th co-sponsor. Mitch McConnell is the "gatekeeper" on the Senate floor, and as Paul Ryan is on the House side, The one keeping the Bill off the floor for a up or down vote. McConnell and Ryan both need to be ousted in the next election cycle.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2017, 02:04:47 AM »
Politico has published an article that says the SHARE bill (including suppressors) may be for a floor vote as early as next week and HR38 (National Carry Reciprosity) may be voted on in October or November.  Keep in mind, it is Politico.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/congress-republicans-gun-rules-silencers-conceal-carry-242988
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3