Delaware Concealed Carry Forum
August 17, 2018, 11:36:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation  (Read 50639 times)
Cbmarine
Life Member

III Marine Amphib Corps

« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »

60 Minutes had on a gun control advocate who quoted the 2008 Supreme Court Heller decision that allowed guns in the home but our intrepid reporters failed to note this from the WaPo article entitled D.C. Circuit upholds right to bear arms for D.C. residents
” In 2014, the D.C. law making it impossible to obtain a permit to carry outside the home is held unconstitutional. (Similar to an Illinois statute that was held unconstitutional by the 7th Circuit in 2012.)

They also put on police chiefs who talked up increased violence due to guns but never made an reference to John Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.
New Castle County
muleman88
Life Member

NRA life member

« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2018, 07:13:28 AM »

They just tried to say that large city’s  will be less safe if the bill passes . Pushing states that do not require the “training” will allow people to carry firearms in city’s like New York when their own people can’t. They claim that law enforcement is against this bill and had some law enforcement saying it will make people less safe.  It certainly was not on our side . I made sure I changed the channel as soon as it was over .. I didn’t want to help their ratings anymore than I had to .
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2018, 07:55:33 AM »

Did anyone really expect anything less that a Left-Wing presentation from CBS 60 Minutes, on the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-18?
This wasn't an interview. It was a Left-Wing idealogy piece.
In a true interview you ask the guest questions to bring light and truth to the subject. So why did the moderator do most of the talking(lecturing)?

Same old tired Left-Wing blather.

Why would we expect more?

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
seniorgeek
Life Member

« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2018, 02:48:32 PM »

I can always dream, but I expected it to be anti-gun all the way through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County
Cbmarine
Life Member

III Marine Amphib Corps

« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »

Interesting pair of articles from CCW Safe and Legal Heat .  In the first article the author points out , HR 38 will allow carry in States where that State issues concealed carry licenses. But States such as NJ, MD, NY, and HI could just eliminate concealed carry altogether or tighten up the laws to make carry unfeasible.

The Legal Heat articles distinguishes between “keep arms” (which Supreme Court has ruled as constitutional) from “bear arms” (which SCOTUS has not yet ruled on). “Bear arms” is a state issue which fortunately for us, Delaware has done.  California, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York have not.
Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.
New Castle County
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »

Senate Bill 446 (the Senate version of HR38) makes a small step forward. Judiciary hearing started 3/14/2018.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/446?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22congressId%3A115+AND+billStatus%3A%5C%22Introduced%5C%22%22%5D%7D&r=41
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:50:45 AM by SturmRugerSR9 » Logged

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
Paladin4CA

« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »

Interesting pair of articles from CCW Safe and Legal Heat .  In the first article the author points out , HR 38 will allow carry in States where that State issues concealed carry licenses. But States such as NJ, MD, NY, and HI could just eliminate concealed carry altogether or tighten up the laws to make carry unfeasible.
I doubt whether even the antis on SCOTUS would go along with NY banning CC since they already ban OC, and thus would effectively ban the Right to Bear Arms entirely. Practically, that is also true for the vast majority of CA residents as well.

From: http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-open-carry-of-a-properly-holstered-loaded-handgun/

The Legal Heat articles distinguishes between “keep arms” (which Supreme Court has ruled as constitutional) from “bear arms” (which SCOTUS has not yet ruled on). “Bear arms” is a state issue which fortunately for us, Delaware has done.  California, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York have not.
Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.
"Bear Arms" is currently only protected at the state level, that is true. That is also why those 6 states without a state constitutional RKBA are where the federal Bear Arms cases will arise that will one day, if Trump gets to replace either Kennedy or an anti, be taken by SCOTUS and give us ALL a federal Constitutionally protected right to Bear Arms.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:52:12 PM by Paladin4CA » Logged

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »

Still no Reciprocity Bill:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/21/republicans-omnibus-bill-background-check-gun-laws-zero-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »

The Senate version of the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act  of 2017, S.446, has just got it's 40th co-sponsor signed on.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/446/cosponsors?pageSort=lastToFirst

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
Cbmarine
Life Member

III Marine Amphib Corps

« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »

Unfortunately, one gets the feeling that S.446 will need 59 co-sponsors and 1 sponsor to move past Mitch McConnell. 

New Castle County
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »

This is something Trump said he is for and would sign if passed in the House and Senate. So, since Mitch McConnell is a "Never Trumper", It will likely not ever get to  Trump. McConnell is the "Gate Keeper of the Senate, nothing gets in, nothing get out unless he ok's it.
He needs to go, ASAP.

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: