Author Topic: NRA challenges President Obama to a ono-on-one debate  (Read 8020 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
NRA challenges President Obama to a ono-on-one debate
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »
Wayne LaPierre has challenged President Obama to a 0ne-on-one debate with no "pre-screened questions or gas-bag answers".

http://www.newsmax.com/US/nra-wayne-lapierre-challenge-obama/2016/01/13/id/709376/?ns_mail_uid=55028774&ns_mail_job=1650470_01142016&s=al&dkt_nbr=ye5dygwg

I would be surprised to see Obama take Wayne on.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: NRA challenges President Obama to a ono-on-one debate
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
O keeps talking about meaningful dialog, yet won't even talk to the opposing party.  "gonna use my pen/phone"........screw the republicans/congress.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
The occupant of the WH does not have the nads to an open debate. I would love to see this happen but it is a mission impossible.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »
The occupant of the WH does not have the nads to an open debate. I would love to see this happen but it is a mission impossible.

Agreed
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
To Obama, like most Liberal Progressive Democrats,  a meaningful dialogue means, he talks and you listen and comply.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Steveo

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »
Obama or any Dem will never acknowledge this as it is not part of the agenda.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
The debate would never happen because the NRA has too many facts to repute anything the liberals would present, beside Wayne would bury Obummer and any of his cronies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
I don't usually use the word hate. I hate Obama. My wife watches him exit Air Force One just to anticipate him slipping down the stairs bouncing his head on every step. I hope I don't get banned for this but.....so do I.  :-[

I hope some day his ears trip him up coming down those stairs. ODS-Obama derangement syndrome. It is contagious. I have it bad, there is only one cure. Trump.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:52:34 PM by PPScarry »
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »
Although Donald Trump is a breath of fresh air in a politically correct climate, there is one recent event that gives me pause: his boycott of the most recent Republican Debate because he didn't like Megyn Kelly's questions. He used his political clout to avoid being directly questioned and organized a wounded warrior fundraiser to draw viewership from the Fox News debate, i.e., hit Fox in the pocketbook.  Trump uses his power as a weapon. What happens when he gets more power? 
    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"
One unethical narcissist with power is enough, we don't need another one.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
The whole debate invite was just theater. Of course POTUS isn't going to debate the NRA. Wayne knew that.
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »
Although Donald Trump is a breath of fresh air in a politically correct climate, there is one recent event that gives me pause: his boycott of the most recent Republican Debate because he didn't like Megyn Kelly's questions. He used his political clout to avoid being directly questioned and organized a wounded warrior fundraiser to draw viewership from the Fox News debate, i.e., hit Fox in the pocketbook.  Trump uses his power as a weapon. What happens when he gets more power? 
    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"
One unethical narcissist with power is enough, we don't need another one.

Yea, I like Ted Cruz too (reading your mind) but I am afraid he is un-electable with his "preaching" during evangelical speeches (doesn't bother me but may bother some). He is the only one true to his electorate, did everything he said he was going to do. Marco is not my cup of tea but to each his own. Gang of 8 burned my @@@ and can't get past that. Problem is I'm older than all the candidates and they seem immature. Carly may be .......any one who gets the republican nomination gets my vote and I am a Libertarian. Everything else is really moot. Thanks for your service CB.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 09:51:16 PM »
Ah, a touch of clairvoyance in the forum. @ppscarry, I do like Cruz. Carly has the skills but not the name recognition. Would be fun to see Carly and Hillary one on one. Normally I'm in favor on the governors but each of the three has weaknesses. Waiting for the Iowa caucus results. Trump could dominate or implode.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 01:50:56 AM »
Really do need executive experience for the job. Kasich is (was during Reagan administration) a good man but I am leery of all of the current politicians. Carly would crush Clinton. I'm sure Clinton destroyed our black ops and got good people killed with her server, and it's unbelievable she isn't in jail. Smells real bad.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 02:36:48 AM »
Ah, a touch of clairvoyance in the forum. @ppscarry, I do like Cruz. Carly has the skills but not the name recognition. Would be fun to see Carly and Hillary one on one. Normally I'm in favor on the governors but each of the three has weaknesses. Waiting for the Iowa caucus results. Trump could dominate or implode.

Nice job Ted Cruz!
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
Really do need executive experience for the job. Kasich is (was during Reagan administration) a good man but I am leery of all of the current politicians. Carly would crush Clinton. I'm sure Clinton destroyed our black ops and got good people killed with her server, and it's unbelievable she isn't in jail. Smells real bad.

I worked for Hewlett Packard when Carly became the CEO. Myself and along with all the working class employees (non-management) will tell you what a horrible person she really is. She snubs anyone not in management, along with ruining HP and getting a golden parachute. She ranks with Hillary.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:15:13 PM by seniorgeek »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County