Author Topic: Glock 42 vs 43  (Read 13638 times)

Andrew1986

Glock 42 vs 43
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »
I am contemplating getting the Glock 42 or the 43 wanted to see if anyone here who personally has either can give their pros and cons. Main reason is for concealed carry which would be carried in an IWB holster.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Glock 42 vs 43
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:40:24 PM »
No personal experience with either, but considering that they are nearly identical in size, and if this would be your main carry piece -- why go with a 380 instead of a 9?  Also, most reviews that I've seen seem to question why anyone would choose a 43 over a 26.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »
I don't have either gun but here is an article that may help. Since they are similar in size, I would go with the 9mm.

http://loadoutroom.com/15748/glock-42-43-first-impressions/

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:45:19 PM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
I had a Glock 42, but I sold it and bought a Glock 43. You're welcome to try my 43, if we can set up a time that works...
(Difficulty: we'll be gone for the next 2 weeks).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 06:16:34 PM »
I purchased a G42 when they were first released. This is an excellent concealment piece. I carried this in a Galco Ankle Glove as a BUG. The G42 is a very soft shooter and it never gave me a problem. I purchased a G43 when it was released. I was very impressed and it is also an excellent concealment weapon. The G43 is also a good shooter and it never gave me a problem. I carry the G26 in the winter months and the G43 is carried in the warmer/summer months. Both weapons are about the same size.  The G43 for me will not work in an ankle rig. The G42 is the maximum size for the ankle for me. I am not into IWB holsters but both weapons would be no problem. Both are very narrow and were designed for maximum concealment. I have eight mags for each and one half of each is with the finger extension. I did feel a bit uneasy with less rounds than in the G26 but I also carry at least one extra mag. Even though the G43 is a "summer gun" it is also carried about 40% of the time in the winter. If you get a G43 or a G43 I would highly recommend the DeSantis Incognito (pouch type) holster. This rig is awesome and it really looks like a cell phone pouch. If I can be of any further assistance just let me know. Since both weapons are about same size IMHO it is better to carry a 9mm than a 380. Again the 380 makes a great BUG.Sorry this post got so lengthy. All the best to everyone.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Andrew1986

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 07:59:17 PM »
I had a Glock 42, but I sold it and bought a Glock 43. You're welcome to try my 43, if we can set up a time that works...

May take you up on that where do you usually go shooting.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 08:01:34 PM »
Thanks everyone biggest thing for me is if the weight is not that much noticeable from the 43 vs 42 I'll go with the 43 also seems like 380 ammo is expensive. I currently have a glock model 22 just doesn't work as my carry gun anymore to big and heavy. I used to 290 lbs so the model 22 was nothing. I'm now 185 so I need something smaller again thanks everyone.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »

May take you up on that where do you usually go shooting.

We usually go to Targetmaster.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Andrew1986

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
Sounds good I'm about 10 minutes from TargetMaster.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Andrew, Kudos to you on your weight loss. This sends a message that you are a self disciplined person and my hat goes off to you. All the best to you and I am sure you will keep the weight off.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Tonym

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 11:28:26 PM »
I carry a 43. Its great. I put a +2 on the 2nd mag Very accurate. I dont know why anyone would even consider a 42 since the 43 came out. The 42 seems like the only glock i ever hear people complain about jamming

Andrew1986

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »
Thanks for your input yeah I've settled with goingv with the 43 now to figure out where to buy it. I know TargetMaster has it $499 cash $514 credit.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:18 AM »
Andrew, Kudos to you on your weight loss. This sends a message that you are a self disciplined person and my hat goes off to you. All the best to you and I am sure you will keep the weight off.

Thank you sir. Lot of hard work but worth it I've kept the weight off for about 3 years. I lived in PA my whole life before we moved to DE in April. PA CCW permits was way easier and less hoops to jump through.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 07:39:50 PM »
Contact Federal Firearms on this site. 302-300-0590 Chris Feghali is a great guy and he'll definitely take care of you. I must warn you though, once you go there you won't be able to stay away. If you buy it from Targetmaster you'll have to pay PA sales tax and they'll have to ship it to a DE FFL and you'll have to pay the transfer fee.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Andrew1986

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 09:10:21 PM »
Thanks. Also talked to Millers Gun Center they didn't have the Glock 43 but same price as TargetMaster. I'll contact the number above to see about price.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder