Author Topic: Stack on  (Read 9072 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Stack on
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
Stack on 24 gun safe is almost 400 pounds and fits my current needs. The door holds 4 pistols freeing up the cabinet for my long guns as well as valuables. It is a nice looking cabinet and if my wife would let me it would be in our den. I love firearms and anything related and would decorate my house accordingly.

Although 400 pounds, on carpet this can be moved easily to vacuum behind it. I have the electronic keypad and it includes 2 keys. My reviews include pros and cons but there are no cons for this safe. 499.99 at BJ's Wholesale and that's a pretty good deal. Takes a good hand truck and a real friend to put in basement or second floor. Regular friend for first floor delivery. The door organizer sold me and I can keep my magazines there also.

This safe opens 180 degrees and allows access easily. Bolted or not, this safe isn't going anywhere. I recommend bolting this to the floor and the holes are there for a few well placed Hilti drop in anchors and bolts. Get one.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: Stack on
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »
PPScarry, You are one busy posting dude. 
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »
PPScarry, You are one busy posting dude. 
On track to be a Life Member before the end of the month.  Anyone that locquacious should run for office.  Run, @PPScarry, run!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:15:42 AM »
Pistol nut and like this place and you good people. Wish more people would review their stuff although I'm late to the dance. Lot of new equipment out there. I probably touched every pistol available at gun shops but don't know the important things because I haven't shot them. Guys here probably have, I can't be the only pistol addict.

Got some time on my hands and you see now what I'm thinking about all day. Shawn Rau has a facebook cartoon that sums me up. It's Kermit the frog gazing out the window day dreaming with the caption " I wonder if my pistol is thinking about me too". Wife loves that.

Wonder if it wears off?   ;)
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:17:57 AM »
I am just a gun nut period but my budget limits what I can buy.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:55:27 AM »
Nothing wrong wih being a pistol nut lol. I love stainless revolvers myself 😄 Another option when I pop in to see Chris this week. 😜

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:14:44 AM »
I am just a gun nut period but my budget limits what I can buy.

Me too, takes a while to squirrel away enough to buy one. Thought I had a billion dollar lottery ticket......then I woke up. :'(
Told Chris I want a Glock 43. Got to wait until late June till I have the cash. You probably realize how that feels having to wait 5 months 24 days 16 hours and 32 minutes depending on Chris's schedule? 31 minutes...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:23:40 AM by PPScarry »
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »
you can never have enough of them, and I feel the same way about long guns too!!
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »
Guns hold their value so it's like a 401k.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »

The day came when I had to cash out my firearms, including an H&K 91, Win 30-30, Rem 800 30-06.  It hurt like nothing else and hope to never do it again.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »

The day came when I had to cash out my firearms, including an H&K 91, Win 30-30, Rem 800 30-06.  It hurt like nothing else and hope to never do it again.

Oh no! Hope you kept a few. H&K must have left a mark. Beautiful piece. I imagine they held their value but were wet from tears. Sorry to hear that.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

JonathanG

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:15 PM »
I picked up a Stack-On 18 gun safe from Sam's Club a few months ago. I'm pretty pleased with the unit for the cost. They also had the larger 24 gun version, with the electronic entry. I imagine that one is very similar to the unit you purchased.  The unit I purchased weighs about 200lbs. I have it lag bolted to the concrete floor in my basement. It was $249. I preferred getting the standard combination lock to the electronic lock.  The term "safe" may be a bit optimistic, as the hinges are exposed and could be knocked off with a large sledge and I imagine a determined young man with a large crow bar could get into the unit. However, someone would need to make some noise and take some time getting it open. It certainly suffices for my needs, which were basically, deterring quick grab thieves and keeping my 3 1/2 year old away from firearms.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:20:25 PM by JonathanG »

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
249 is a good deal. I also have an alarm system and feel better about a bad guy breaking into my safe or just stealing it. Bolting it down is smart and pretty easy. I like being able to open the safe 180 degrees so opted for the hinges on the outside. Wish I could have afforded a larger safe. Since I first bought it I have filled it quickly. Looking for another.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

greymas

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
Looks like an old thread but worth reviving since there is a lot of good info here. I agree these are not safes, but more or less a locked cabinet. I use one and it does the job i intended; it keeps the guns locked and the honest but curios people out. Namely my kids. If someone wants to get in, they will withing minutes with the proper tools. A true safe is currently not in my budget and can cost in upwards of $1000 or more. A friend has a liberty safe which is rock solid and is fire rated and maybe flood rated as well. The time to get into one of those would be much longer.
If the goal is to keep an intruder from getting your firearms while no one is at home, I think the cabinets fall short.
Locks are only to keep the honest people out  ;)