Author Topic: Simplisafe  (Read 19621 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Simplisafe
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »
If you own firearms your worst nightmare is some crooked scumbag breaking in and putting your guns on the street. You probably have a safe and confidence is high, however you would be surprise how long scum are actually inside your home during a burglary.

They have the time and cover to grind their way into your safe with the tools you keep in your shed or garage they just broke into. I recommend an alarm system and it doesn't get any easier than Simplisafe. It is wireless, easy to install and cost about the price of a decent H&K.

I sleep good at night with this alarm system and it will let you know when a battery needs changing. No cons for this review other than registering it with the police for false alarm. I'm not knocking the police, just the false alarm penalty. That said, having Simplisafe monitoring the system allows them to contact you before contacting police.

The system does not require a dedicated phone line, instead it has a dedicated cellular connection. Think about an alarm system and doesn't have to be this manufacture, just get one. Todays society demands protecting your valuables and more importantly your family. Keep calm, carry on.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Simplisafe
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:26:48 AM »
I did not like my simply safe system there was way to many complications with the system.  I was constantly getting messages that the system was off line and was told to change the batteries that were supposed to be long life after having the system a month.  Had to leave work to reset the system a few times got a few false alarms.  I pulled the system and am looking at protection one
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:09:23 AM »
FrontPoint delivers a decent and reliable wireless system. I have it installed at 3 locations in 2 countries and no issues over the past 5 years. I has a sensor die last year in one location and was notified of the failure. Called in and had them run a 2 minute test and they had a replacement to me in 2 days.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:37 AM »
Lot of veterans here, thanks for your service blue and gray (looked it up, great history lesson and patriotic to know a little about those who serve for us) and thank you every veteran and police officer here.

Man I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I have had zero problems and hope it stays that way. I hope your new system is problem free and hope you didn't incur any fines.  

Sux cause it isn't that cheap since I have quite a few windows, doors, ect and you probably do as well. I have pets so I wasn't comfortable with upside down motion detectors and elected to monitor every entry location including windows. Adds up quick though installation is free, I'm cheap labor.

Hope you get your money back or some consideration. Thanks for the info and look forward to your review of Protection One should you want to provide one. I will definitely read it. Get one because I know the violation of being burglarized. You can't get your serenity back and I sleep with one eye open and a hair trigger. So does the wife. Separate bedrooms, I snore! :D
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:00:15 AM »
Lot of veterans here, thanks for your service blue and gray (looked it up, great history lesson and patriotic to know a little about those who serve for us) and thank you every veteran and police officer here.

Man I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I have had zero problems and hope it stays that way. I hope your new system is problem free and hope you didn't incur any fines.  

Sux cause it isn't that cheap since I have quite a few windows, doors, ect and you probably do as well. I have pets so I wasn't comfortable with upside down motion detectors and elected to monitor every entry location including windows. Adds up quick though installation is free, I'm cheap labor.

Hope you get your money back or some consideration. Thanks for the info and look forward to your review of Protection One should you want to provide one. I will definitely read it. Get one because I know the violation of being burglarized. You can't get your serenity back and I sleep with one eye open and a hair trigger. So does the wife. Separate bedrooms, I snore! :D

Thank you there is a lot of history behing the blue and grey one of the most decorated units in the US Army.  Simply safe was kind enough to refund me it took some convincing though
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
Thanks for the review on "Simply Safe", been thinking about getting one..
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 12:10:42 PM »
I have ADT.  Very happy with them.  Did have to sign an initial contract for monitoring.

I had 2 months to go before the contract was up.  Called them and when they answered
the phone I asked how to cancel my monitoring service.  Figured I'd hit them real quick
after answering.  I said I was paying too much for monitoring and wanted to cancel.  They
were quick to remind me I had 2 months left but I was able to lower the monthly fee to a
little over half of what I was paying.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
Thanks for the review on "Simply Safe", been thinking about getting one..

My pleasure, hope you have zero problems. Set my system up in less than 30 minutes. 21 sensors. Even added more later.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:40:31 AM »
My system has been up for some time now. Zero false alarms. I have been alerted to sensors not responding however they work upon opening the door or window. The sensors are the farthest away from the base station and I moved it closer. I must say I like the system and use the "home" button every night, "away" every time no one's home (I have several pets and motion sensors have never been activated). It turns off the motion detectors on "home" and leaves the entry sensors on. Just my experience with this system. No wires and you can upgrade or add sensors. Batteries are still going after 7 months or so.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
Never had a system until after Labor day weekend 2011.  At 4:30AM wife wakes up
and said to turn the light off down stairs.  Getting up to do it I see an UNINVITED visitor
in my living room.  That prompted getting the system.

Almost 5 years now, no issues.  Not even batteries - YET. [/knock on wood]

Had a clean & clear shot too.  But no gun as they were put away (had a 2yo with us).
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
Holy crap! That image scares the sh** out of me. I sleep with a handgun and so does my wife. I snore so we have downstairs and upstairs covered. Was robbed in January and I'm not putting up with uninvited guest. If I had a 2 year old I'd be even more upset. Glad everyone is okay physically, I'm sure you will never get back the serenity you once enjoyed. Sleeping now, we wake up to any noise even with the alarm system. I trust but verify.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »
He took her purse.  No big deal - all there can be replaced  We were not harmed, that's the important thing.
Could not wake a 2yo up via gun fire.  Plus it was put away because of the 2yo.  Could not live with myself
if he found it and ...