Author Topic: Shawn Rau class 1/20/2016  (Read 3608 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Shawn Rau class 1/20/2016
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:22:45 PM »
It was cold.

Shawn was recommended by Chris at Federal Firearms so it was a no brainer and a one day class for 150. Thanks Chris, always informative talking to you. I learned quite a bit and it was a ride from Newark but I am used to riding downstate, usually with a boat attached not a pistol. Shawn and Crystal are very nice and animal lovers like myself so it was instant friendship as far as strangers go. I can imagine the weirdness of teaching strangers at your home how to CC but you couldn't tell it from these fine folks. Range time is fun outside even if it's cold in my opinion as I don't enjoy inside ranges as much as some of you guys may.

My favorite place to shoot concerning public ranges is Elk Neck. I blend in with my brothers and sisters there and yes, women are going to dominate CC in my opinion. It's a good thing.

So once again, Chris "got you covered".

My paperwork is in and I am tempted to open carry until I get my license. I do on the way to Delaware ranges and to pick up my wife in Wilmington where she works nights. I duck all the way while in town and it is truly a dangerous place and have witnessed LEO's shutting down streets looking for scum on 3 occasions. So I wait like a sheep, feel naked and pray for an expeditious review.

As a 2nd Amendment fan I can't believe our rights have been so diminished and handed away by our own local governments. It should not have to be this hard to bear my arms. If I wasn't so old I would grow an eye on the back of my head and open carry at all times! Nuts.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Mr.Tint

Re: Shawn Rau class 1/20/2016
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:45:29 AM »
I took Sean's class on Jan 17th. I too loved the range time and it was snowing lol. Great people and information.

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Shawn Rau class 1/20/2016
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 12:03:04 PM »
PPS:  Word of caution.  Once you start carrying you feel naked as a jay bird if you go out without your piece.
Proud resident of Kent County DE