Author Topic: IRS scam  (Read 60447 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: IRS scam
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:43 AM »
Talking to these people is a waste of time.  Asking to be removed from their list is a waste of time.  These folks are already breaking the law, so they are not interested in your wishes.

I believe if they suspect I'm on to them, they aren't going to waste their time on me. I did expect at least a little resistance.  They called twice yesterday. They haven't called back today since our little talk.

They only call so many times, because there are so many people to call.  If you don't talk to them, meaning that you don't answer the phone -- they still go away.  And if you get a call the next day, it's very likely a different person, from a different operation in a different location.  There are tons of these people, all using the same methods.  They can't be bothered to think that someone is on to them, because we can't find them -- because they're not shacked up at the local strip mall.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 01:36:53 AM »
     On another note,   IRS, letter of change of address.
This is sent out, to new and old address if you change it.

So, 2 copies by their website, if they only change something brilliant.   

Correct?

So, I only received one copy that my address is changed.

This means, someone, changed it, and filling a fake Tax return, hoping to get back money.

I heard this is the latest scam. pay attention to change of address forms.   like I have enough issues .   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

del elec

• Life Member
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 10:56:57 PM »
Some times just for s**ts and giggles, when I know the caller is a scam, I answer the phone stating the name of a phony Law Firm. They hang up quick.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 12:19:01 AM »
My cell phone number has been in the Yellow Pages since 2005, so I get business-to-business telemarketers too... several calls per day at times.
AT&T cell service has a new feature where you can block and report any number with a few taps on the screen. I do it, even though I know reporting them doesn't do much good, just to avoid the next call from that specific number.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

topper

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 03:22:45 AM »
Some times just for s**ts and giggles, when I know the caller is a scam, I answer the phone stating the name of a phony Law Firm. They hang up quick.

I like that. I'll use it.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
I understand that there is another IRS scam going around now. Be aware of the fact that the IRS does not call people. they contact people by mail on official letterhead documents and envelopes. So any call from someone purporting too be IRS is a scam.

I also get a lot of calls from (302)-335-xxxx , usually at a rate of 2-5 times a day. I assume they are either scams or people in that exchange are to brilliant to dial a phone correctly.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
I understand that there is another IRS scam going around now. Be aware of the fact that the IRS does not call people. they contact people by mail on official letterhead documents and envelopes. So any call from someone purporting too be IRS is a scam.

I also get a lot of calls from (302)-335-xxxx , usually at a rate of 2-5 times a day. I assume they are either scams or people in that exchange are to brilliant to dial a phone correctly.

Many scammers spoof Caller ID with a number in the same exchange as their intended victim, hoping you will think it's from the local area and pick up the call.
The only cure for this will be to make spoofing Caller ID a federal felony, but that will never happen because there's too much money in it...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 10:27:49 PM »
I have another cure. We never answer the landline phone. All of our calls go to answering machines and services. So most of them just hang up, and the ones that don't just get deleted. People we know will get call backs when we get time.
As far as cell phones, we each have one that is about 15-18 years old, and we don't text, or have voice mail. It works like this. If we want to make a call we just dial the number. If we get a call, we have all our friends and family programmed in so it shows who's calling. If we don't recognize the caller, well, you know what they say. Oh well, sucks to be you.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 12:03:35 AM »
I know someone that bought smart phones (not expensive ) and if you don’t have the number programmed in the phone the caller has to hit a number to get through . The spoof and robo callers do not get through that way . So it drastically cuts down on phone calls.