State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Circuit Court Rips MD AWB & LCM Ban to Shreds

(1/2) > >>

groundgrid:
If you haven't heard already, the 4th Circuit Court issued its review of the recently enacted "Assault Weapon" and "Large Capacity Magazine" bans.
The State of MD fared VERY poorly:

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/141945.P.pdf

What is most impressive is that the 90 page opinion is very well written with a minimum of legal jargon. In fact, it is quite understandable.
Most importantly, it is now the source of dozens of explanations that will drive the anti 2A folks crazy.

Please take the time to read the opinion. The one judge who dissented starts out with "Let’s be real:"--no need for him to say anything further about his respectability & obvious bias.

Should the AWB or LCM ban come up in DE, we need to flood the legislature with quotes from this opinion.

PPScarry:
Thanks for the information. It reads easily and makes perfect sense. Who in the world do these politicians think they are passing in my opinion tyrannical illegal laws? Just because responsible gun owners are the minority, apparently these liberal politicians think they have legal authority to chip away at the 2A.

"Large capacity magazine" really burns my butt. Where in the 2A does it mention anything concerning that.

You know our 2A is the only thing standing in the way of this out of control government, that doesn't represent the people anymore, from morphing into totalitarianism. Seems to me we are already on the banana peel.

29thInfantry:
Would be nice to see a post like Maryland lifts communist gun laws and allows Conceal carry.   Hey I can dream can't it........  communist state....

seniorgeek:

--- Quote from: 29thInfantry on February 06, 2016, 01:50:16 AM ---Would be nice to see a post like Maryland lifts communist gun laws and allows Conceal carry.   Hey I can dream can't it........  communist state....

--- End quote ---

Yes, we all can dream......

SteveMiller:
I would like to read it, but the link isn't working for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version