Author Topic: Cross Breed Holsters  (Read 14850 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Cross Breed Holsters
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
I ordered a cross breed holster on Sunday and got it today, Put it on and all I can say is this is the most confortable holster I have ever worn, Its ugly as sin but @@@@ confortable and my Glock 32 fits perfect. I'm very impressed.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Cross Breed Holsters
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:04:59 PM »
Ordered a supertuck last week, got it today. Still playing with it but it seems to dig into my upper thigh no matter where I wear it. Any other super tuckers out there that can give any suggestions?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:26:38 PM »
Ordered a supertuck last week, got it today. Still playing with it but it seems to dig into my upper thigh no matter where I wear it. Any other super tuckers out there that can give any suggestions?
I wear my SuperTuck at about 3:30 to 4:00 on my right side. It does not go anywhere near my thigh.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:08 AM »
I agree with Hawkeye never had a problem with it digging into my thigh. I also wear mine the same place Hawkeye does.

fdegree

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:28:38 AM »

I do not have one, but I have seen pictures, so this thought may not be possible...can the leather be trimmed to reduce, or even eliminate, that sensation of digging into the thigh?  Also, the leather should soften a bit after it gets worn in...perhaps that will help too.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
I should add that it only digs when I sit. Usually I wear at 3:15  :) just alittle back from the hip. I put the supertuck on and as soon as I sit the forward bottom digs right into my thigh. I figure the leather will soften (if I can deal with wearing it till it does) I'll try pushing it back alittle more, thanks guys

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 02:11:34 PM »
Ok...I pushed it back more onto the rear of my hip and that did the trick. It really does support the gun perfectly. Now I just have to get used to end of the magazine near my back.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 01:28:54 AM »
Gunenvy now that you have been wearing the holster for a while whats your take on it? I cant say enough good things about mine and it seems to be holding up real nice. The only thing I would have changed is I would have went with the horse hid over the standered leather but its still a real nice holster.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
Sig, so far so good. I've only carried it a handful of times as most of the time I've been carrying my 642 in the pocket. Now that some of the things going on for me have slowed down ill be using is much more.

Spartacus

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
I've been looking into this holster since I started to CCW process.  I want to try one, I plan on carrying a M&P40C in it. Also does anyone have any 1911 carry tips.  It just seems so long to carry, I know people do though.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »
As much as I really like my SuperTuck, the thing cracked on me.  I guess now I will be returning it and see how good their customer service is.  Since this is my only concealed carry holster it looks as if I will be OC'ing for awhile. :'(

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:07:58 PM »
Wow, really where did it crack? Hawkeye are you able to post a picture of the crack I'm just curious what it looks like.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:00:37 PM by Sigarms12 »

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »
Sig,

You know you just openly asked to see Hawkeye's crack? **snicker snicker**

;D

This surprises me that it cracked, but I too am curious to see where it cracked, etc.  From my experience, Cross Breed is very nice to deal with.  Please keep us posted on what kind of a response you get, etc.

Thanks.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:14:23 AM »
I really do not know how this happened. I was removing it and there it was.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 09:56:29 AM »
Not where I would have expected it to crack.